Because we don't have enough crap to waste our time...

Mad Jack

***Fair warning, if you want to get anything done at any point today, don't click this link...***

It's the Hero Machine, which lets you mix-n-match parts to build your own heroes. I found the link in a thread on the D&D forums, great for generating character portraits if you have no artistic talent...

The HeroMachine 2.5

And of course I proceeded to waste the next *twelve hours* doing nothing but tying out every conceivable combination to do some really great stuff, lol. Just remember, I warned ya. :wow:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, at first i thought, i said to myself "come on, 12 hours!", but after playing with it a little i can see getting lost in it, character designing is lots of fun, i haven't check but wonder if the finally design can be saved to use for charcter displays for the games here on the boards?

great find btw ::D: thxs

Well, you can't save them as jpegs, since it's a flash thing, I guess, but you can save them to work on later by hitting the "save" button which gives you a bunch of code to copy/paste into a text document. When you hit the load button, a window pops up and you paste the code back into it which resets everything back to the way you had it when you saved. You can print out the pics, but in order to get them as jpegs, you need to do a screen cap...

I'd post some of the ones I've done, but the buttons to add pics as attachments seem to have disappeared... ::(:

Well, you can't save them as jpegs, since it's a flash thing, I guess, but you can save them to work on later by hitting the "save" button which gives you a bunch of code to copy/paste into a text document. When you hit the load button, a window pops up and you paste the code back into it which resets everything back to the way you had it when you saved. You can print out the pics, but in order to get them as jpegs, you need to do a screen cap...

I did read that stuff afterwards, and slapped a character design together, here's what i've done

Character.jpgCharacter5.jpg

Character4.jpgcharacter3.jpg

Character2.jpgCharacter1.jpg

There is alot one can do with this, though threre are some combos that arn't possible because that replace one another but through photo editing one can paste different parts in, for instant, i would like to have a sword on the hip but that would override the cloak, but i could save the different images and then cut and paste together what i want.

Unless thats possible now and i haven't figured out how to do it?

regardless, its lots of fun ::D:

This is some great, I can see how you could burn up alot of time playing around with it. Did up a pic of my version of sophie, HeHeHe :devil:

Cant seem to get it to save so I could show it off, printed out the pic of it though.

My son will love this since he is a serious gamer, maybe he can figure out how to be able to past it up here, hes good with this kind of stuff.

Thanks for the link Mad jack ::D:

I think I found that site, many years ago, but glad you posted the link, spent the last half hour messin around with & came up with these

Quin Bollinger, fighter/bouncer, magical sword radiates heat. This one is for Spike of course!!

halforcfighter-vi.jpg

Rufus Lightbringer, dwarven paladin & his trusty sidekick, Kip.

dwarvenpaladin-vi.jpg

& finally

Elisesha Woodshadow, elven mage with her ghostly familiar, Keytara

elvenwizard-vi.jpg

fun stuff, will have to try some modern types sometime + of course as you can see in the last one I started to find out more options, ha ha.

RM

tanker, you gotta hit Print Screen, then do it that way to save it as a jpeg, then use your picture editter to crop the pics down.

These days I'm happy to start with Poster, print out the page, trace the printout and add/remove details the way I want them. Can spend half a day tweaking their faces, though.

Heromachine is great for some concepts, though. I made some Roller Derby characters in it once. 80's "Rollergames" style, mind you. I wanted a classier look than we were finding on A&E.

Hehe...Haldir you beat me to it. I've been noodling around with making a pic of this half-orc I met in some other game... *sigh*

When I 've got more time to waste, I may post a pic. For what it's worth, the "capture screen" feature on a PC can be set to save the image as JPG