Hannibal_Legion

DarkSpawn Warband Pics

Thanks for posting all those pics. I like the different angled shots on the gnomes. Those models look great. Reaper really pulled off some original stuff with these sculpts. The color of the demon is unique too. Great job.

Looks good. My box just arrived in the mail over the weekend. So, I also will be having some fun trying to paint these guys soon. I am still not 100% sure what color scheme I want to go with yet.

Looks good. My box just arrived in the mail over the weekend. So, I also will be having some fun trying to paint these guys soon. I am still not 100% sure what color scheme I want to go with yet.

Excellent! I just got word from the wife that my box showed up today.

Since the Gnome archers (the Pinners) won't be out for a while, got any advice for a small band of Darkspawn archers I can use in the meantime?

Thanks!

S.

My only suggestion there is if you play a second faction that does have their archers, then you can always proxy those. That way, later when the real deal does release then you dont feel like you have a bunch of minis that have no use anymore. Unles of course, you find some really cool DHL proxies, then you can always find a good use for them.

Myself, I have a bunch of ranged models fromother factions that are just going to have to change factions and proxy for a while.

My only suggestion there is if you play a second faction that does have their archers, then you can always proxy those. That way, later when the real deal does release then you dont feel like you have a bunch of minis that have no use anymore. Unles of course, you find some really cool DHL proxies, then you can always find a good use for them.

Myself, I have a bunch of ranged models fromother factions that are just going to have to change factions and proxy for a while.

Does Warlord or DHL have an army pack of Goblin Archers I could use in the meantime? I wouldn't mind starting a Reven faction as a second faction.

Scott

Does Warlord or DHL have an army pack of Goblin Archers I could use in the meantime? I wouldn't mind starting a Reven faction as a second faction.

Scott

Here ya go: Goblin Skeeters

There's also a couple of other goblins, armed with ranged weapons in various DHL goblin packs.

That is a fantastic start to your Darkspawn army, BTW. I especially like how disturbingly colored your Burrowing Spawn is! VERY demonic. And fits in nicely with the flavor of the faction. :)

Scott

There's also a couple of other goblins, armed with ranged weapons in various DHL goblin packs.

That is a fantastic start to your Darkspawn army, BTW. I especially like how disturbingly colored your Burrowing Spawn is! VERY demonic. And fits in nicely with the flavor of the faction. :)

Thanks! I think I will order those guys.

I got my extra Tunnel Knights yesterday, so I will fill out the force this week with more troops. It's funny, I'd had that demon painted for a couple years now, and finally I have a regular "gig" for him. I also have a Devourer of Mashaf on the bench. He's primed, but I am not sure which direction to go in painting him. I may work in the purple and brown again. We'll see.

Scott

Scott

Yup, this is an excellent route to go. I do something similar with my cavalry models. Since they can be spendy, and I have several factions that I play that have cavalry minis, I pick up the leaders, then grab 3 of each kind of cavalry soldier from those factions, and proxy back and forth. So when I want to play an onyx legion O'lords list with lots of Zephyrs, I use my 3 Zephyrs, but then proxy my Chevies, Lions Lancers, Ivy Crown Light Lancers, Deathriders, and even leaders or elites from those factions (Gadrun, Vandrian, Damon, Danel, etc.) to fill out the ranks. Maybe, eventually, I'll have all the cavalry I want for each faction, but for the time being, it's an easy solution.

~v