Christmas Wagga

fieldarchy

His facial expression is odd but it seems that one eye is open and the other sculpted shut so I painted it so. He's probably convulsing with joy for finally finding the Teddy bear! YAY! As you can see there are bits and pieces from presents that have been mauled while Wagga was looking for the box with his teddy. I can picture him say, "My teddy!!! Not yours!!!"

post-2071-1198007778.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His facial expression is odd but it seems that one eye is open and the other sculpted shut so I painted it so. He's probably convulsing with joy for finally finding the Teddy bear! YAY! As you can see there are bits and pieces from presents that have been mauled while Wagga was looking for the box with his teddy. I can picture him say, "My teddy!!! Not yours!!!"

post-2071-1198007778.jpg

The wagga is lovely and the base looks good from this angle. However, since you can see other items on the base my only critic would be that you didn't give enough angle shots to properly admire it.

Maya~

It actually doesn't match . . . the fur on waggy is based with a bluish tint and the hat with a greyish tint but yes waggas are barbaric enough that it COULD be another Wagga. Afterall their favored classes are Barbarian or Rogue and they do suffer terribly from ADD (yes actually part of their stats).

hmmm how many minis have I done this month? Thelgar, Xmas 2005 and Wagga? And I started on two more today. One is a tiny one but I'm doing the base up nicely and the other is Xmas 2006. Not sure how the skin is going to turn out but we'll see. I may change that here though it'll be a pain in the rump to do.

aawww no feedback? ::(: I'm likely to paint him again at some point some getting some pointers would be good.

My only critique would be to add more contrast to the fur. I couldn't make it out very clearly at first glance. It's darn cute!

aawww no feedback? ::(: I'm likely to paint him again at some point some getting some pointers would be good.

Maybe try one with more than one color of fur? I've seen your pastel versions, so I know you're not afraid to get a little wiggy with your waggas (on any other forum that would have sounded just... wrong). Seen your leopard-print pants more recently too. I'm not necessarily talking tiger or zebra stripes or anything here (although...), but many if not most furry critters have patches of different colors, right? The simple example would be maybe to try one with whitish belly fur and darker fur on the sides and back, or maybe a pure white albino with pale skin and pink eyes... These guys are pretty much all fur other than hands & face from what I can tell, and since I can find no flaw with anything you did with this guy, experimenting with fur patterns is about all I can think of in terms of feedback. Cats have lots of different types of patterns of color on their fur, and they are classified based on that (ie. calico vs. tortoiseshell, etc.), making it easy to search for images of the different types of fur-color patterns for reference. That might be one place to start if you're interested in trying something along these lines. But honestly, to me, this guy looks just fine the way you painted him.

Kang

I really like this one Meg. Hmm critiques....lemme see..well the fur has been mentioned if you wanted to play with that...what else....the only thing I can come up with would maybe be to smoothen out the transition on the package from the darker colour to your highlights on the edges of things. But that's just a tiny tiny detail. You have done quite well on this model! Very nice work!

I just had another idea - why not paint one up in green, as the grinch? Sure, he's got a tail where the grinch didn't, and the parts of his body that are covered with fur are slightly different, but he's got the Santa hat and the generally furry body - who's to say he's not grinning like that 'cause he just snatched that teddy bear from some unfortunate young Who's stocking? Reaper has a few dog minis (the familiar from 14041 might be the best fit, or else maybe 14208 or 14219... gotta love that figure finder!) that might serve well as poor old Max if you decide to do a little conversion and add that classic strap-on antler... I'm sure something small and innocent-looking enough to represent a Who child could be found too, with a little more searching.

I don't know if this counts as the kind of feedback/pointers you wanted, but that's the idea that came to mind - YMMV.

Kang

Yeah, the highlights are a tid bit sharp on the package, however if it was supposed to be shiney wrapping paper then...it works. I think the only other thing to maybe try differently next time is try some texturing on the rug and even the wrapping paper. That might be a fun little project. Other than that I really like it, theres noting really wrong with it at all.

a