Spike

The Eldest Son

"Good to hear that, at least it's some insurance for Felix & his father." Mounting the horse, I say "Yes let return back to the Einen Estate, while we still have some daylight, you never know what might roam the woods in these parts." I kick the horse into motion & away I ride back to the estate.

Felix uses the time spent lookin for some of the necessary supplies to also give Thain a small tour of the areas of the house that he calls home (mainly the broken down areas of the second floor). He explains that he likes it that way as most of the staff stays away from that area leaving it all to him.

After they have gotten their items together he takes the items of need back to his room and on his bed. "Gonna get a sack or two from downstairs to put some of this in."

Felix decides to wait until morning to actually break out his money purse from the hidden floor space.

"What's say we go to the kitchen and give some carrying food orders to the cooks. You have any preference as to what I hould ask be included?"

Aramil and Christina arrive back at the estate just before nightfall. By then, dinner is almost ready to be served. Felix does get an opportunity to speak to the head cook beforehand, and the rotund little man who the staff all refers to as Jean-Marc agrees to fill as much of the order as he can for his master's youngest son.

Your supper is a good filling repast of chicken-pastry, roasted potatoes and carrots, and a dessert of apple cake. For those of you who have suspicions about the food, nothing smells (or tastes) amiss. For those of you who go ahead and eat, there are no apparent ill effects. Dore'nel puts in a polite appearance at dinner, at which time she wishes you all good luck and a safe journey in the morning. Ralphus does not show himself at all this evening.

Afterward, Elsa the maid informs you all that your rooms have been made ready upstairs. She pulls Felix aside to speak to him specifically.

"Your father has instructed me to give this to you.", she tells him quietly as she lays a small purse of coins into his hand. "I believe he thinks better than to tell Madame Dore'nel of it, but you'll be needing it once you get to Astoria." Later on, if you should decide to count it, there is 100g in gold coins in the purse. "What time do you wish to be wakened, Master Felix?", she asks.

_____

{OOC}

I did not know if any of you wished to ask Dore'nel anything or do any further requisitioning, but if you do, feel free to interject those activities amidst the events I posted above when you make your own posts. I don't want to railroad the game, but am laying the tracks in case you all want to move on ahead.

Sitting down for the meal I say "Thank you, Dore'nel, & thank you Felix, for the wonderful dinner. Also please give my thanks to (insert Master's name) as well, for if not him, this meal would not be possible." I eat the meal, one never knows when one might get a meal such as this while on the road.

"Well, everyone, I am to retire to my room for the night, I need to study up on some magical works & such. When shall we leave in the morning?", I wait for any answers & then excuse myself & retire for the evening. Up in my room, I do a double check of all my supplies just in case something is amiss & retire for the evening.

{OOC} Not sure how you do elves in your world, Spike, as in mine they don't "sleep" like say you & I do (accounts for the immunity or bonuses vs charm & sleep spells), but that is what I'm doing right now. Aramil is only a light sleeper anyways & will be awake before the dawn arrives anyways....

Upon her return to the Einen household, Christina explains that her friend Friedrich will be arriving in the morning as a personal favor to pray over Master Einen and to help with his care, taking some of the burden off the family. She eats dinner with the group, thanks the cook for a wonderful meal, better than the meager fair she is used to, and heads off to bed for the night-to prepare herself physically and mentally for the road ahead.