So how do the rules work now?

Hi there,

I have been away from Warlord for a while and am getting back into it.

When I left there was basically a really nice Hardcover rule book (I love full color hardcover books, really classy and professional and HC gaming books are so rare)and some softcover faction books. Now I see there is something called Rage Chronicles? How do the rules work now and where are the rules found etc?

Id like to pick up a couple more copies of the Hardcover rule book since it was so nice. Also when will the other faction books be released ?

Thanks

Christof

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RAGE Chronicles 2007 is available for free on reapergames.com. Chronicles contains all errata, all Special Abilities, data cards, faction rules, equipment and spells.

All the faction books are now obsolete and there are no plans (as far as I know) to produce more.

The Hardcover book is still the current rulebook. Though all Special Abilities, faction rules, equipment, spells and data cards are now obsolete. All you need to play is the most recent RAGE Chronicles (presently the 2007 version) and the rule book.

Apart from all datacards, Special Abilities, equipment and spells getting redone there are actually only two pieces of actual rules change from the book. Support Bonus is now capped at +3 and there is no longer a CP bonus for casting spells on friendly models. So the mechanics are still the same. The biggest change I think is that almost all models now have multiple damage tracks. Most grunts had 1 damage track before, now I think the average grunt has 3 damage tracks. Overall I think the game got more balanced and more fun to play.

Faction Books have been discontinued and future Faction updates and changes will be part of an annual Kruegar's Journal, the first of which should be slated for release at some point this year. The books should entail new information for all the factions.

The most recent incarnation of rules (RAGE Chronicles 2007) can be found at Warlord HQ, and downloaded for free here. Inside it will detail what rules are still valid from the Core Rulebook. The long and the short is that spells, army lists, data cards, special abilities in the Core Rulebook have now been superceded by RC2007. The general game mechanics remain by and large valid from the Core Rulebook.

If you haven't been around for awhile, the Data Cards have had some rather significant changes.

These all went into effect back in July 2007, so I would recommend checking back to some of threads back then for specific questions to the wheres and the whys.

Edited by Qwyksilver

Hi there,

since I don't plan on using Rage chronicles or the Krugers journal and just the old rulebook, could someone send me a complete list of the obsolete data cards? The rulebook doesn't have all of them, just a little under half, so I cannot use all my models. I know there was once a pdf (called all factions.pdf or something) that had all the data cards, including at one time the old style. I am sure someone has that file kicking around somewhere on their hard drive. Could someone point me to a download of that or send it to me at [email protected]? I would like the last (ie newest) set of the old style data cards. I would greatly appreciate it, and it would make my gaming alot more fun.

I know alot opf people will find this strange, but I have really bad health and alot of pain. I find trying to keep up with things stressful, and would just like to stick with one rulebook and set of data cards and not have to worry about the Chronicles or the journal. If anyone has a copy of the old style data cards I would REALLY be happy.

Thanks

Christof

I find trying to keep up with things stressful, and would just like to stick with one rulebook and set of data cards and not have to worry about the Chronicles or the journal. If anyone has a copy of the old style data cards I would REALLY be happy.

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand this. You don't want to use the 2007 RAGE Chronicles document (which has all the datacards), but instead want someone to send you a set of datacard stats so that you have them for all your models... How is this different? The game mechanics are unchanged, and game play has been dramatically improved with the RC2007 updates. Why not just use the datacards from the RC2007 document, and call it good?

If you really are that hard set on staying with the v1.2 datacard set, I might still have a copy of them on my hard drive somewhere. I'll look and get back to you.

~v

I find trying to keep up with things stressful, and would just like to stick with one rulebook and set of data cards and not have to worry about the Chronicles or the journal. If anyone has a copy of the old style data cards I would REALLY be happy.

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand this. You don't want to use the 2007 RAGE Chronicles document (which has all the datacards), but instead want someone to send you a set of datacard stats so that you have them for all your models... How is this different? The game mechanics are unchanged, and game play has been dramatically improved with the RC2007 updates. Why not just use the datacards from the RC2007 document, and call it good?

If you really are that hard set on staying with the v1.2 datacard set, I might still have a copy of them on my hard drive somewhere. I'll look and get back to you.

~v

Hi,

Id like to print all the data cards out and spiral bind them into one book. Since I use the old style 1.2 generic data cards I would like all of them to look the same, its nice aesthetically. It would be really great if you or someone else could send me that all factions pdf that had the old style cards.

Thanks again

Christof