Sign in to follow this  
cutebutpsycho

20 person exchange take 2

Ooooooooo surprises!

I like surprises!

So do we keep who we are working for also a surprise?

Just wondering.

*goes off to cyberstalk her assignment to get a better understanding of what they paint*

- Also I just went off to cyberstalk a bunch of people in the exchange, so the person who I got doesn't figure out I got them as my assignment.

*is super sneaky*

I don't know when I'll start my exchange miniature. But I have started *a* miniature, which is good for me.

Ishil

I love getting I wide open range selection to choose from. Need to do a bit of research on recipient and the new Reaper releases to find something intriguing to paint...

I chose someone who didn't request my usual parameters, so I'm gonna push myself on this one, which also means I'm gonna have to choose a mini to pick up at my FLGS, cause of course I won't have it here........

I've made some good progress during the weekend. I might get it done next week, if all goes well. As this is my first excange and I haven't posted minis before, has anyone got any tips on posting? Is a letter with bubble wrap alright, or should I use something sturdier? Have you received any smashed minis ::): ?

I put my minis in a small box, surrounded with foam, then close the small box and put it in a larger box with peanuts, bubble wrap, or newspaper to keep the small box from the corner of the big box. This is where I then put the address label. It seems to work quite well for the most part.

OMG! For once I'm ahead. I just have a little freehand work to do and I'm done! I won't be late this time!.

Of course, it helps that I had a mini half way assembled and painted that a) I didn't know what I was going to do with it, and b) fits within my victim's, oops, recipient's parameters.

Darn! Darn! Darn! Why isn't this working for me? Is it the colors I chose? Been working on this non-stop since I got my assignment. Oh I know, it must be the figure, it has to be the figure, one I would have not painted and left in the miniature drawer for years to come. Oh Boy! Just peach-ee! (Wut fun!) Still, even with the frequent mishaps and the endless staring at the figure hoping the paint will jump onto it I've manage to get the base done (That's 50%, right folks?). well at any rate hoping to have mine done and shipped in a week or two, end of progress report (back to painting, maybe the stone wall I've run into has crumbled away by now).

Luck and Later All

Kaz

well somehow i lost the arms for the mini i was gonna do. so i will be starting later than i expected. so off to the mini store this weekend to pick up a new mini.