Leaving on a jet plane

Gus Landt

OK, it's finally official enough to make public. In 6 weeks, my wife & I are moving to Thailand (to Chiang Mai, not Bangkok). We'll be there for at least a year, but possibly much longer. Hopefully I'll still have internet there, and will be able to stop by from time to time. From what I understand, there are no gaming stores outside of Bangkok (an 8 hour train ride from Chiang Mai) and no painters that I know of. ::(:

It will be sad missing the conventions and seeing all your pretty faces, but it's too good of an opportunity to pass up, so there you go (or there we go, as the case may be (and it is)). ::P:

Our house is on the market, for anyone wishing to move to Denton to be near Reaper. I'll give ya a discount! :B):

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that you enjoy Chiang Mai: it's a good part of Thailand. I haven't been there in decades, but my aunt lives there, and my mom and dad visit there fairly often when they're in Thailand.

You should still have Internet connections there: my aunt does.

Good luck!

Ron

One thing to consider here is.... It IS the world of the internet. Unless he gets over there and finds he has no interest or time for it anymore, who says Gus couldnt continue to help provide great management for this game?

Not trying to give any hintshere, but Gus, I think you should continnue to work this game from afar. I think you have done such a huge tremendous job of it so far.

I won't have gotten to see your house while you were living in it! ::o: Maybe you could leave life-sized cardboard cutouts of yourselves (possibly with voice-recordings and embedded speakers of some kind) on the front lawn and we could pretend that you still live there.

Good luck with the move to Thai-Landt, in any case.

See you online ...

Derek

Good luck with the move to Thai-Landt, in any case.

Derek

Good luck, you will be missed. Warlord has lost a great leader.

LOL Derek made a funny.

Oh, wow. I missed this thread.

It must be an amazing opportunity for the both of you to up and move like that. Best wishes. I will definitely miss you leaning over my shoulder harassing me at all the various Cons. But I guess Vince will still be around to take up your slack.

Since you're leaving in 6 weeks, I presume that means you won't be around for any of the events this year.

Don't forget to include the ceiling mounted trap/security system in the description of your house when it goes up for sale :poke:

Hey Gus, Hey Angela

Good luck over there!! It was great meeting the two of you in person at Rcon over the years.

look at this way guys, at least that opens a spot in the painting contests at Rcon now. :lol:

RM