How to paint the skin

coralys

Hello, I'm painting for some months and my speciality is especially figurines in armour.

I like to make something else and so i bought several reaper's figurines which some are enough naked.

But I don't know how to paint differentes parts of the body (legs, breast, face). Can you help me ?

Maybe turorials exists ?

Thank you :poke:

(Sorry for my English but the lessons of English in France are very poor)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soyez hé bienvenus aux conseils! J'utilise vraiment un traducteur en ligne ainsi si thier est des erreurs dans ce texte son la faute de programmes. (sourire)

J'apprends aussi juste comment peindre la peau. J'utilise des peintures de Maître de Moissonneuse Sieries. Les couleurs sont pas mal pigmented et ils peuvent être dilués avec l'eau.

La clé à la peinture de la peau lisse que j'ai trouvée doit vous garder la peinture très fin. J'utilise 1 goutte d'eau à 3 gouttes de peinture. Je le remue souvent pour que les couleurs ne fassent pas seperate. Je peins toute la peau avec un manteau basé d'Ombre Bronzée de Peau. Dès que j'aime l'aspect lisse et la couverture j'utilise alors mon milieu dilué des tons.

J'utilise alors mon Résumé Bronzé de Peau sparingly sur le menton, les os de joue, le forhead et des petits points sur le bout du nez chaque nostral.

Si cela rend sence faites-moi savoir dans dans l'anglais ou le français.

• Reaper User

Bonjour! ::): Je parle un peu de francais. Merci Dargrin pour votre français excellent!! (Boy, I bet I murdered those sentences...pardon ma francais est tres mal!)

Welcome Coralys. ::): Are you asking about the placement of highlights and shadows on skin? Or how to mix your paint for skintones? I am sure we can assist. ::):

--Anne the Linguistically-Impaired

Hello,

thank you for reception, this pleases :)

Dargrin I am going to use your advice for texture, that's true that I move my painting little for armours.

Vaitalla, in fact it is exactly what i'm searching as well as colours to use for details such as hair or nipple as well as for the skin (I especially search how to paint the skin of the dark elves)

painting skin is for me the most challenging but also the most enjoyable part of the miniature hobby. As for placing highlights - if I`m unsure how to place them I use one of the 2 tips:

1. prime zenithally (first prime black, then spray white from above) - white paint settles on all the areas that should be made lighter

2. prime white then under a strong light I make a reference photo so I can check how the shadows and highlights lie

Generally when it comes to face cheekbones, nose, chin, eyebrow should be made lighter. It`s much motre difficult to tell something more about other parts of the body as it all depends how they`re positioned.

I have a way of creating skin tone that you might find tricky. I usually mix the dominant colours I use for the model to create a skin tone that will match the rest of the paintjob. For example if most of the clothing is made using purples and yellows I`ll mix those colours with white and use such mix as a base skin colour. I`d add purple for shadows and white with a drop of yellow for highlights.

Sometimes I add other colours if I`d like to get soem special effect or create soem kind of mood. Check this article, as it explains those things quite nicely:

http://www.chestofcolors.com/cofc-postnuke...d=28&page=1

Vaitalla, in fact it is exactly what i'm searching as well as colours to use for details such as hair or nipple as well as for the skin (I especially search how to paint the skin of the dark elves)

Reaper has a couple are links here where folks have listed the colors they use for various skintones. Speciifically on the dark elf skintones there is a "mugshot" section here: http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/Skintones .

For other skintones, there is a compilation list of various recipes people have used here: http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10781 .

Welcome to the forums and I hope you find these two link useful!