Sign in to follow this  
Huvvaligen

Swordswoman

Height to the eyes is about 29 mm. I wonder if it'll ever be truly "finished" (maybe if I have to), there are always small unfinished details I postpone again and again.

It was originally going to be right handed. I stood in front of a mirror doing the pose with a ruler representing a sword. When I drew a simple picture

of myself, the ruler (of course) ended up in the left hand without me noticing it. Any comments will be velcome! The materials are greenstuff, brownstuff and Apoxie.

post-3772-1202305587.jpg

post-3772-1202305876.jpg

post-3772-1202305718.jpg

The body and clothing are quite nicely done; I'd find them interesting to paint.

Three critiques:

1) The hands and fingers are both a bit large, but hands are notoriously hard to do.

2) The eyes are set a bit high in the head.

3) The volume of the head looks to be a bit less than it should be. (The effect is exaggerated by #2, above.)

(2 and 3 are predicated on the figure being intended to be a human, of course.)

I hope those help. And, for what it's worth, I wish I had a tenth of your sculpting talent.

The clothing is great.

Someone mentioned the fingers, and I think the same critique could be leveled at the toes/feet.

I'm jealous of the work you did on the torso. Nice.