A Simple Request on a Sad Day

fieldarchy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Artists

I'm so sorry for your loss, and offer my condolences to you and your family. I can only imagine how devasted you are by this tragedy. The senselessness of it must make it even harder to bear.

I'm not able to donate blood, but I'll redouble my efforts to cook more healthily to get my husband's blood pressure down to the point where he can start donating again.

Hey Meg

so sorry to hear about your brother. It's funny, when you read stories like the one that kristof posted, you think, heh, just anther sense killing, but then you find out that the person that died is related to someone you know & then the story is read differentially.

Hope the best for you during this time & I hope the law throws the book at the punks that did the shooting as well.

Randy M

I'm very sorry for your loss Meg. You have our deepest condolences.

Being one that's lost a brother, who was my best friend, I know what you're feeling. So please try to take some comfort in knowing you're not alone. And remember his life, not his death.

Again, I'm very, very sorry.

Hi Meg. I just heard about this this evening and it saddens me greatly that those guys felt that it was appropriate to do what they did. I am terribly sad for you and my heart goes out to you.

Working in the medical community, I know how few people donate blood and just how precious every unit is. Over here in Australia there is a huge campaign to get people to donate blood. Every unit you donate can potentially save 3 lives. Only a small portion of the population even goes out and gives blood.

If people thought about this one simple thing - every 120 days you have recycled all your blood. Give a small portion of it away to someone that will need it a lot more than you do now and they will appreciate it more than you can ever know. It is a simple thing to do and only takes a short period of time out of your day.

I am very sad for you Meg and hope that your supports stay strong and keep you standing. If there is anything you need from us down here in Australia, let me know. You are in all our thoughts down here.