Reaper Army Transport case vs Sabol Army Transport case

haldir

Hey guys

just curious but I have a Sabol Army transport bag I use for Rcon & such, but was thinking about getting the Reaper bag. Is there any reasons other then it's Reaper?

I know about the features of the Reaper bag, but was curious more on the space, if I did get the Reaper one I'd probably go with 2 for the interlocking feature.

I know one thing that is swaying me toward buying a Reaper bag is the strap on the Sabol is murder on my shoulder even with a pad I added to it.

thanks for any help

RM

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Army Transport bag itself is better padded and I am finding that the trays are more durable. I also like the exterior pockets, BUT the shoulder strap is not comfortable at all, does not adjust very well, and one must take care when lifting out lower trays not to flex the trays and spill the minis.

The Reaper case is not as well padded, but the good shoulder strap and little handle on top make it much more practical to tote around. The trays tend to come apart, but once I repaired mine with tacky glue they stayed intact. The best thing about the Reaper bag is the convenience of the zip-down back panel for easier unloading.

I cannot in honesty recommend the Reaper 3" tray for minis. A friend of mine bought one for the Reaper case and the thing fell apart almost instantly. The pluckfoam was in my opinion not dense enough to support the weight of the minis it was designed to carry and the glue was even weaker than what was used on the original trays that came with the bag.

The Army Transport bag itself is better padded and I am finding that the trays are more durable. I also like the exterior pockets, BUT the shoulder strap is not comfortable at all, does not adjust very well, and one must take care when lifting out lower trays not to flex the trays and spill the minis.

The Reaper case is not as well padded, but the good shoulder strap and little handle on top make it much more practical to tote around. The trays tend to come apart, but once I repaired mine with tacky glue they stayed intact. The best thing about the Reaper bag is the convenience of the zip-down back panel for easier unloading.

I cannot in honesty recommend the Reaper 3" tray for minis. A friend of mine bought one for the Reaper case and the thing fell apart almost instantly. The pluckfoam was in my opinion not dense enough to support the weight of the minis it was designed to carry and the glue was even weaker than what was used on the original trays that came with the bag.

I agree with Spike. The trays suck!!! Big time. I bought three bags at different times, and in every case the trays fell apart. They are also prone to zippers breaking.

My case has held up perfectly but the trays do bite. Just about every one that I have has come apart leaving the minis to bounce together. A bit of tacky glue helps the smaller ones but with the larger ones the walls are jsut too flimsy. My CAVs just push their way around in them for the most part.

I love the lock together feature and the secondary carrying handle on the case itself.

My case has held up perfectly but the trays do bite. Just about every one that I have has come apart leaving the minis to bounce together. A bit of tacky glue helps the smaller ones but with the larger ones the walls are jsut too flimsy. My CAVs just push their way around in them for the most part.

I love the lock together feature and the secondary carrying handle on the case itself.

I like the case itself, but if you have to buy all new foam it makes a $50 case a $100 investment.

I like the Reaper case, particularly the handle and that it is easy to get the trays out since the front unzips. The size works for me (not too big, not too small).

I like that the foam in the trays is softer than the Sabol foam and that different heights are available.

The pricing on the trays is a bit odd given that the 1" tray is as expensive as the 3" tray.

I dislike that the foam needs reinforcement with hot glue or tacky glue, but once reinforced, they work well (for me).

Ron

I like my case and need to get another.

My trays were coming apart so I hot glued the big foam pieces to the small dense foam base, and hot glued sections that were not staying in place and it seems to be fine now.

I like the zip down back and the ability to be able to link bags together.

I dunno about the reaper bags since I don't have one, but a friend does and aside from the trays being a pain it is a good bag. My preferred one is intersponge. Look them up. They are very reminiscent of the Reaper bag, but the trays are quite nice. The whole thing is customisable when you order it as well.

I have two of them and they are fantastic. Very easy to chop and change and very durable. The straps are also quite nice.

I noticed after this RCON trip that the glue holding the foam to the flats doesn't hold up very well when shrunk down to the just 1 wall (ie remove the foam to the borders). It could have been due to the TSA rummaging in my bag (got a bag check due to the massive metal content (14 pounds worth!!). & the metal wasn't in that tray, other then that I've been pretty happy with them.

RM