Tens always hit...

moloche

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of us are used to a 1 being an automatic failure from games involving d20's. That's only a 5% chance of automatic failure, which isn't too bad. Move over to the d10, and the chance doubles... that starts to become fairly significant. Do you really want your Hydra missing 10% of the goblins it tries to squish? I know I don't.
I think it is a good thing to have a 10% auto miss. Billy Badass models are fine, but skirmish scale systems should give any model a fighting chance.

The way I see models in Warlord having a fighting chance is that they get defensive strikes, meaning even if they are going to automatically die they still have a chance to do some damage. Auto hits happen, but they aren't widespread and usually occur when a model is seriously getting ganged up on.

Me and my friend look at a more of an rpg stand point, meaning that lets say that a archer is fireing on a worrior of mine and he rolls a 1 that just means that my guy put up his sheild or steped out of the way at the right time.

You play the way you want to , that's your choice . Use house rules . But myself and several other I game with love the fact that sometimes one doen't even have to roll because of auto-hits . :mellow:

Why does Warlord have to be like every other game where a "1" misses ? :rolleyes:

...But myself and several other I game with love the fact that sometimes one doen't even have to roll because of auto-hits...

*ish one of the several others ::D: * We realy do love the auto hit part. It's fun and it speeds up the game a little (normaly to the end).

And to saticefy the RPG stand point: How can you justify a burly 6' something humanoid lizard who's carrying a mace, (Skullbreaker anyone? ^_^ ) which probably weighs more than the goblin thats being held off the ground by two other equaly as powerful brain-matter smeared lizards, failing to hit it??? The redundancy of actualy needing to roll probaly represents the goblin suffering a heart attack.