Sea Unicorn

Citrine

I am hoping for some constructive critisism on my latest project so that I can improve. The Sea Unicorn from Eastern Front Studios was painted mostly with craft paints, but I think it turned out nice even so. Sorry the picture turned out a bit dark.

You all are so inspiring, and I have learned a lot browsing here. ::):

Citrine

post-4115-1203180488.jpg

post-4115-1203180520.jpg

post-4115-1203180504_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting--I like it! I think you have done a good job with the greens and the mane. As I constantly have to remind myself, I think just a bit more highlighting (particularly on the very tip of the mane) would help to get it to pop more, but that is really nitpicking. The tail looks comparatively less impressive. Overall it looks a bit flat next to the upper portion of the mini. I can make out some highlighting on the fin of the tail, but the blues seem less finished. Some of that very well may be the photo though ::):. The vines and gold scaling I think need to be darklined some more to help them standout from the blue tail. Of course, these are all just my opinion, but I hope it helps!

By the way, I have not heard much from EFS for some time...are they defunct?

Thank you both for the feedback. I should have made the tail lighter towards the end, I painted it opposite on purpose, but I dont think that worked out ::P: .

I bought the figure from Paizo.com, I have seen a bunch of Eastern Front Studio figures there, some of which I think are pretty recent.