Favorite reaper mini

CripDyke

No clue really.  It was Reaper.  It was Garrity.  It was not recent.  I bought it.  I had to.

It is two disks that stack upon each other.  The bottom disk is numbered on both sides, 0-120 & 130-250 in increments of 10.  The numbers are cast into the disk, raised, and a black epoxy if filled into the space around the numbers.  The top disk has numbers from -1 through -9, 0, 9-1 and a space that is cut away so when they are stacked, the lower disk number reads through the upper disk's notch.  Again the numbers are raised cast into the disk and a epoxy is filling the space, this time green.   They are held together by the post on the bottom of the figurine.  She looks like a normal Reaper mini, except she is set into a pointer/peg thingie(sorry just no way to be clearer there)  the pointer has a peg to keep it from turning freely.

It kinda reminds me of a pair of washers on a bolt, for a real rough visual.  

I was kinda hoping one of the ReaperStaff might have noticed us talking about this and spoken up, but its still early.

cbs

If anyone knows any info about this, I'd like to have one or two of them. I have something similar for Magic the GAthering, that goes 1-20 on one side and flip over to 21 - 40 but I'd like something similar for D&D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several favorites. Garish McRae, Highland Shaman, is  one of the best figures I have seen. I started last night on a conversion of him for my D&D Ranger (add axe,sword and shield). More details and a picture when complete.

2590 Merryn Elmshadow makes an excellent female Elf ranger, as well as a thief.

T'Raukzul is everything a dragon should be, except light enough to lug around (3 pounds of metal!!).

I REALLY love Sandra Garrity's Miniatures. Especially the new elven miniatures with clearly visible pointy ears, like Merrin & Lindir and of course her dragons, although her best one (probably the best dragon miniature ever) T'Char, was still manufactured by Ral Partha.

I think I should finally chime in on this one. The main reason I hadn't yet is the fact that SO MANY of the Reaper minis I love.

But aside from all the mostly clothed, partially clothed, mostly and fully naked female minis in the line, I have to say my favorite is

Lorna the Huntress. Long story short, I like her pose, very defiant, and I like the short, hacky sword she has.

--another 3.14 cents worth.

--lstormhammer

Our Reaper order is taking an age to get to us but I am waiting longingly for the set of angels - Mercy,Light etc by Sandra (is she going to get on-line so we can deliver all this praise in person?). I don't care if customers want to buy them - they can't. I'm first in line.

Our Reaper order is taking an age to get to us but I am waiting longingly for the set of angels - Mercy,Light etc by Sandra (is she going to get on-line so we can deliver all this praise in person?). I don't care if customers want to buy them - they can't. I'm first in line.

Oooo... I wonder if any of the sculptors read the posts?

Kit: Do you know?

Stalkers? No... not us.

... and judging by the friendliness I've seen on the board I don't think people would say...

"Geebus... you bleeping suck bleeping bleeps when your bleep is bleeped by bleepers. Bleep. Bleepity-bleep."

Unless they typed all the bleeps.

--- Bleeping crazy ---

I suppose I should participate in this. (I am a chronic lurker!)

My absolute favorite mini is #2473, Aramil. It just perfectly suits one of my former charachters.

But then again I am *really* partial to W. Klocke's Air Scorceress... Actually Im taking a break from painting her now. :)

I pretty much just have a thing for wizards and sorcs though!

Silver Dragon.

had to write this down before I could think of all the other many favorites that would creep up in my mind.

I'm into dragons and this one by Garrity is finely crafted and doesn't cost an arm and a leg like the big ones.

Lindir and Merryn I like very much because I myself seem to be what every game or movie rips its elves off of †;D

My favorite team is the four elemental mages Arilyn, Gossamer, Strohm and Vaaron (bought them all along with the lesser elementals #2538 and made a large conjuring cirle out of them all. four elemental mages summoning servitor spirits... *g*)

A figure that I really like is the new Warlord Succubus. It needed extensive tweaking and bending (she's nearly upright now and I even remodeled her left ankle cause it stuck in some sort of a bush which I didn't like) but she looks very dynamic with her large wings and fine facial features.

And well... I have a soft spot in my heart for succubi...

Sophie, if you're reading this, just call me. I'll be yours right away... ;D

there are so many good miniatures that it is really hard to come up with definite favorites as any of you can tell but this list has to serve for now...

cheers

Here's my top 5 list:

1. 2558: Anduriel Brightflame, Elven Warrior

by Werner Klocke

http://www.reapermini.com/fantasy/gallery/2500s/2558_G

2. 2571: Telemnar Dawntreader, Elf Warrior

by Werner Klocke

http://www.reapermini.com/fantasy/gallery/2500s/2571_G

3. 2549: Narthalyssk, Green Dragon (100mm)

by Sandra Garrity

http://www.reapermini.com/fantasy/gallery/2500s/2549_G

4. 14003: Ashkrypt the Lich

by Werner Klocke

http://www.reapermini.com/fantasy/gallery/warlord/14003_G

5. 2559: Dwarven Brewmeister & Patrons

by Bob Olley

http://www.reapermini.com/fantasy/gallery/2500s/2559_G