Anduriel

antnol

Here are a couple of quick (and bad) shots of Anduriel that I have spend a lot of time on so far. It is my second attempt with SE-NMM but this time on a curved surface. The first attempt was a freehanded flat surface so this was quite a challenge to make it look right. I still dont know if it is right, but I tried. Please let me know what you guys think so I can make any adjustments to him before I finish. But make it quick cause I have been painting like a mad man and he will most likely be done in a couple of days. Thanks again guys and gals.

post-4149-1204134339.jpg

post-4149-1204134359.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man AM I likin' it, and boy could I learn a lot from you.

Of course the breastplate is sublime, but I also really like the hair, and how the highlights shine so naturally and give it a nice texture. And the details on the gold edgings and OMG I am just so overwhelmed by the awesome on this piece. *falls over from the awesome*

Thanks a lot for all the great comments guys. I really wish I would have posted earlier WIPs but I got so wrapped up in it I didnt even think about it. I will be painting more of him tomorrow and post some more pics in here so keep an eye out. Thanks again everyone.

From what I see so far this sucka' looks good, I really, really like the golds on him.

I don't know jack about NMM, let alone SE-NMM.

That said the breastplate looks awesome but it looks more like a jewel to me than a piece of armour.

I hate making critiques when I can't even suggest a way to fix it but none the less that's a little tid bit from my point of view.

The only other thing is wouldn't there be the same type of reflection on the blades as well?

Oh well, enough from me.

• Reaper User

Only thing I might do is to tone down the blue on the SE-NMM. I think it's a tad dark/deep/brilliant for the sky...but then again, this is fantasy, and if you're going to allow chrome I guess you've got to allow for bluer sky, huh? :lol: Anyhoo, I'd mute/lighten it just a tad, for what it's worth. ::):

--Anne

Thanks for the great advice guys. I was thinking that the blue was too dark too but I am afraid to touch it any more lol. So her are a couple more shots of what I have done today. Not much but a lot of the detail work is done now. I think I am finally starting to get away from my cartoony style aside from the extremely blue sky lol.

post-4149-1204220641.jpg

post-4149-1204220652.jpg

Wow. Phenomenal work.

Two things:

1. The SE-NMM actually looks too good. That may sound weird, but it is hard to pull my eyes away from it and enjoy the rest of your amazing paint job (and yes, I am jealous, but it is true ::): ).
  2. And, could you do a tutorial to teach those of us who have failed miserably with sky-earth?

Regards,

~wyrm~

I would normally say that the sky is too brilliant a color, but I've *seen* skies like that in New Mexico. It does look quite good and almost mirror like on the breastplate. The little dots in the upper corner add nicely to the effect. If you want to pull the viewer's eyes around the mini you might try adding a thin triangle of your highlight coming upwards on the other side like so:

Earthsky.JPG

It certainly isnt doesnt *need* it, but it shows that earth/sky doesnt neccessarily need to be mirror smooth unbroken surfaces. The left kneepad however looks a little to perfect for a surface that has that much curve to it. As well as having as much sky on it as the breastplate which is facing more towards teh sky. If you pull the shadow on the inside side up a little higher and then ad some of those sparkly highlights over it it'll have teh feel of a smaller surface with more curve to it:

Kneepad.JPG

I hope you dont mind me showing by tweaking your pics. I'm not real good at explaining otherwise.