Somewhere along the way we got it stuck in our heads that a single model cannot declare fire on two or more targets in a single activation. Yet when I went back and looked for the rule I couldn't find it. Am I missing something, or did we misread something in the first place to come to that conclusion?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember that if you say TL a specific target, your second weapon firing at a second target would not gain the benefits of that TL action. Other then that, fire away. It is feasible for a Rhino to shoot at 4 different targets with each of its four weapons.

I think there's an example in the Ranged Attack section that shows the attacking model splitting fire as well. On the other hand I don't have the rules in front of me either, so it could be a fig newton of my imagination.

I find splitting fire useful only when I know I'm guaranteed a hit that will kill one target or I think I have a reasonable chance to kill it. I'll train the rest of the guns on the next target. Though in our last game that "reasonable chance" cost me a fire support section.

I think there's an example in the Ranged Attack section that shows the attacking model splitting fire as well. On the other hand I don't have the rules in front of me either, so it could be a fig newton of my imagination.

I find splitting fire useful only when I know I'm guaranteed a hit that will kill one target or I think I have a reasonable chance to kill it. I'll train the rest of the guns on the next target. Though in our last game that "reasonable chance" cost me a fire support section.

I thought to go look it up because I just got my first Thunderbird.

Note Matt I said First! Mwa ha ha! Mine is an evil laugh!