biggest miniature ever?

brushforhire

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the resin dragon from Heresy. It's still being cast up for back orders, but it's HUGE.

I would steer clear of this dragon until he has filled the 214 backorders. He is currently averaging 17 dragons every two months and at this rate it will take 26 months to clear the 214 fully paid backorders. You can see his discussion on why he can not fulfill the backorders on the Forum of Doom.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the thread, and it seems like there have been a whole lot of reasons for the delays, but that casting them alone seems to be very difficult. (That's after they got through the initial sculpting and working through mold problems.)

Does anyone in the industry have an idea of what CMON did differently that they've been able to produce them so much more quickly? They certainly had a fair number at gencon, and say the second production run should give folks about a 2 week wait.

He said that he is broke and does not have the money to cast them "for a while". That is the difference between CMoN and Heresy.

Comparisons are odious. Andy has only sold the dragon to customers on a prepaid basis, with ample warning of the wait time involved in actually getting this great model.

He's at best a two man operation. Cool mini is an online retailer of multiple lines, and they have the Dark Age game/line of their own. They've got more dough than Andy.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the resin dragon from Heresy. It's still being cast up for back orders, but it's HUGE.

I would steer clear of this dragon until he has filled the 214 backorders. He is currently averaging 17 dragons every two months and at this rate it will take 26 months to clear the 214 fully paid backorders. You can see his discussion on why he can not fulfill the backorders on the Forum of Doom.

30 out of 227 sent out so far, as of 29th February 2012 :wacko:

30 out of 227 sent out so far, as of 29th February 2012 :wacko:

Yep. Apparently another batch were sent down from the caster in mid February and never got delivered. The couriers claim to have a signiature on their delivery records. Not from anyone who works at Heresy.... I'm pretty sure there's an investigation going on into this criminal activity.