Sign in to follow this  
zazeem

female paladin

heres a female paladin i made, its not done yet but let me know whats wrong with it please. I need to make the sword and shield and fix her left eye, the head though was distorted looking in this picture its more slender. I have made humanoids in the past but this will be my first complete human once i finish her.

nicksgreens2001cd8.jpg

Hmm - ok, let me preface this by saying that this level of skill is way beyond me, and I'm impressed, but you asked for feedback, so I'm not going to hold any punches. I'm not a sculptor or even an artist, so I dont' have any corrective suggestions, just feedback on what looks "wrong" to my eye.

- her breasts are huge. Too big IMO - each one of them is almost the size of her head.

- the armor at her knees is too small, particularly for the size of her hips

- the cape doesn't seem to sit right between her body and her left arm

- you've already mentioned the face, but in the photo it looks a little lopsided as well.

- it's hard to tell from the photgraph and because you haven't finished them, but the proportions of the arms look like they might need adjusting.

Again, I'm impressed by your growing skill level, and I wish I could do even half this good though.

- her breasts are huge. Too big IMO - each one of them is almost the size of her head.

- the cape doesn't seem to sit right between her body and her left arm

- you've already mentioned the face, but in the photo it looks a little lopsided as well.

- it's hard to tell from the photgraph and because you haven't finished them, but the proportions of the arms look like they might need adjusting.

Again, I'm impressed by your growing skill level, and I wish I could do even half this good though.

I Concur, if it was modeled on my wife I wouldn't fault you alas if you walk don the street it would relate to very few women.

I'd add they seem a little low to me.

I Concur

Kristof65 - A good critique.

Zazeem - Keep up the good work (some nice looking stuff on your site).

yeh i have to agree with the above statements.....ill add...not only should the feet, need more added to them..but also the same layered armour plates on the feet,ankle and knee joints i suggest you do a goggle or yahoo search for medevil armour plate....

btw please update your site...not all pics are working....cant find finished pics of the female fighters that your brother did with the male version...

and any pics of works in progress would be nice too please....

yeh i have to agree with the above statements.....ill add...not only should the feet, need more added to them..but also the same layered armour plates on the feet,ankle and knee joints i suggest you do a goggle or yahoo search for medevil armour plate....

btw please update your site...not all pics are working....cant find finished pics of the female fighters that your brother did with the male version...

and any pics of works in progress would be nice too please....

Ill see what i can do with the site update. The forum though we used sipifi to display some images and if they disappear from that which we stopped using then they are gone. Ill ask him to put up pics though.

I will update the paladin pictures too i plan on adding to the feet also, this is just wip thanks for the comments!

I agree with what has already been posted. I'll add here that I feel her pose is to static. She needs some movement, or needs to be doing something - like praying or her arms moving in chanting a spell.

originally i tried to make it look like a small breeze was blowing thats why her hair and cape are slightly left and her hand will be on a sword. more of a pose you'd see in a game board piece or on a card, action poses ill make eventually, this was my first human that i'm finishing so i just wanted to start out with an easier pose. Thanks for the posts, good seeing u again enchantra you disappeared for a while it seemed like.

Thanks for the posts, good seeing u again enchantra you disappeared for a while it seemed like.

I've been around. I'm just not always posting. I have two jobs and a boyfriend. That will suck up my time. ::D: