Sign in to follow this  
Shakandara

The passing of Gary Gygax

Reposting this

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=4090744#post4090744

General - Gary Gygax Funeral Arrangements - Open to Public

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visitation is on Saturday, March 8 at 11 AM at:

Haase Derrick Lockwood Funeral Home

800 Park Drive

Lake Geneva, WI 53147

(282) 248-2031

A Funeral Service will follow at 2:00 PM, also at the Haase Derrick Lockwood Funeral Home.

In the evening, there will be an informal gathering to remember Gary with food and beverage. Time and location to be determined.

More details as we figure them out.

Thanks.

Kerry

I bet it's mobbed. I can't believe how many people have asked me if I heard about his passing. There is a post on just about every forum I visit.

Reposting this

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=4090744#post4090744

General - Gary Gygax Funeral Arrangements - Open to Public

I would have gone, if I wasn't ill.

If I had known while he was alive that he was receptive to people showing up at his house and thanking him, I would have. Bought him a bottle of wine or whatever else he would have accepted, because his creation has had a profound impact on my life.

His game, in a way, allowed me to find where I belonged. Since before I met my fellow gamers I felt like I didn't belong anywhere. It is still a bit like that for me. I like being at gaming conventions and around gamers because I can finally feel at ease and be completely myself, without fear of judgement.

I hadn't posted anything, or read any of these threads because I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to process the news. His death won't change any aspect of my life... 4e. will still come out, my job will still be the same, I will still have the weekly games and etc. But because what became of his creation has become so enmeshed in my life, his passing has effected me.