Sign in to follow this  
langdolin

Any MODERN military figs?

I think you will find a number of manufacturers who produce all kinds of modern stuff (some recently that are evcen prepainted - what is it called..._Battlefield Evolution_).

I would have a look at theminiaturespage.com and see what you can find, but the first step is probably to decide on a scale. I know that lost of people do moderns in 15mm, and that way vehicles are easy to find/don't break the bank. I think Peter Pig has a nice range of these (AK47?). As far as 28mm minis, I think other will be better suited to tyell you, but I am painting up some Copplestone Future Wars minis right now, and although they are supposed to be near future, the SWAT and the Gangsters all have contemporary firearms (albeit in a bit of a Mad Max aesthetic - my fav is the tall girl with the pony tail and the anti-tank gun. Foundry also has some like this, but I would guess that a numbe of manufacturers are doing more realistic moderns.

There are quite a few companies that do modern figures ina number of scales.

I *just* finished painting some Eureka 28mm US marines and I am moving onto their German Bundeswehr in gas masks (which I am going to use as zombie hunters)

If you do a web search for 28mm (or whatever scale you want) Moderns you should find quite a few results.

What scale are you looking for? <a href="http://www.forcesofvalor.com/" target="_blank">http://www.forcesofvalor.com/</a>

Best part is these are available at Target and Wally-World. The selection may vary from store to store tho.

The FoV are great models - cheap, highly detailed, and already painted. I have picked up quite a few, nad have been happy with them. The 1/72 (true 25mm) guys are probably smaller than most people like, though. I have no problems, though - 45 guys for $6 is a nice deal.

www.greatmodels.com - most good scales, and lots of stuff. Not too much of the '28mm' gaming style, though.

Mike