New Datacards

What about 25% mercenaries rule (and still not loosing faction SA's)?

Is it coming a bit closer to existence? :wub:

The 25% rule will be added to RC08. You'll be able to take up to 25% of your army in Merc models. the Mercs need to be in their own troops, and do not benefit from your army FAs.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the concern is Healers now I can't see why, we are talking about a single model in the army that has the ability. Apart from the FA healing component I can't see this as a real issue.

What if any sort of healing wasn't a free action and required a non-combat action? And what if it wasn't linked to the BSG models dying in any way?

The Orb of Alarthalak

As battle commences the The Orb of Alarthalak begins pulsing with power, feeding strength into those aimed at sacrificing themselves and others in the pursuit of blood.

• During each BSG activation one BSG model in the activating troop may spend a non-combat action to heal itself one damage track.

• During each BSG activation one stunned BSG model may re-roll a Tough/x check. (Probably require dropping the Grub to Tough/3-4)

• During each BSG activation one BSG model in the activating troop may spend a non-combat action to gain one of the following enhancements +1 #MA, +1 MAV, or +1DV for the target model for the duration of the activation.

• Bloodstone Golems (lesser or greater) may spend a non-combat action to gain the Frenzy SA.

No single BSG model may take advantage of more than one of the above benefits during any single activation; and the entirety of the troop may only benefit from one of the above bonus' per activation.

RE: Faction abilities.

Unfortunately many of these are Rock, Paper, Scissors, as described, the BSG are no different.

Crusaders lose Mercy against builds that lack Tough models, and gain a windfall against builds in which many models have Tough.

Army of Justice only gain their most powerful ability: Judgment, against a handful of factions.

Darkspawn lose out to a degree against high cost, low track models (the expensive low-track BSG models, scraggers aside, would hurt them a bit).

Dwarves lose Bane in the same way Crusaders lose Toughness

Elves lose out if they orient their force in a heavily melee dominant one, Sure Shot is great, but not if you don't want to field many or any archers.

Mercs: Is not affected by the opposing players build.

Necropolis: Vampiric feeding is once again like Mercy or Bane, requiring the enemy brings Tough models to use.

Nefsokar: Sokar is near sucks if your opponent isn't using spellcasters

Overlords: Do your Duty is of most use when dealing with many enemy Fearsome models.

Nagendra: Fast Strike is great, but not at all useful if your opponent fails to include Fast Strikers and Trenchers.

But then again, I lack the masterful reasoning power of some, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

[MOD]

I try to take a more even hand in here and not be overly aggressive with moderation because I know sometimes, people can post based on emotion and due to their passion for the game. I try to give you all the benefit of the doubt and give you a chance to be civil with each other and to treat you like adults, which is how I would hope that you all would treat each other, even if you happen to disagree.

It is possible to have an open debate and discussion without resorting to personal attacks. You debate the points in an arguement not the poster.

That being said, I'm really disappointed that my first warning went largely unheeded. I try to give you some slack and not be heavy handed, but unfortunately some of you are leaving me no choice. So as a result, I'm going to have to be a bit more ruthless with the Mod Stick.

I will be watching this thread, and any others relevant to RC2008.

I'm going to be severely intolerant of the continued personal comments directed at posters, playtesters and developers and will be removing or editting those posts as needed. Consider this and my previous post your two warnings.

[/MOD]

I see no elf magic-user adepts to fill the ranks of a magic-using leader with his apprentices. ::(:

And, no, I wasn't thinking of any particular work of fiction involving a magic school and its pupils. ::P:

We'll never see adepts with spells (such as Mage x/y or cleric x/y) because the record keeping of such a thing creates a seriously massive headache. It can also be easily exploited unless you keep an eye on your opponent, be it intintional or accidental.

Although that isn't possible, I think giving a model an Innate spell is. Even though this hasn't happened yet, I can't see them keeping it out of the game forever. (If you only knew how bad I wanted a spell sword or bladesinger in the game... and I don't even play elves)

I think the reason they haven't did this yet, is pointing the model. Mages are pretty complicated themselves when it comes to pointing. how much is the Mage SA, how much do their other stats affect that... and so on. Take notice that in RC '07 you could say Reaper got the price for mages all wrong. (they've gotten the biggest boost out of any models)

I'm sure once they iron out the kinks with regular mages, they will tip toe back into giving a few models Innate spells... They just don't want to create something like they did with the Core Aysa(I think this was the model), which had an innate spell, was dirt cheap, and was abused often.

In short. Not yet. But I'm with you all the way that it should happen sooner or later.

After finally sitting down and looking through the Beta data cards and additions (johnny come latly, I know iknow) I like the additions. Especally the additonal wording with Burrowers and flyers not being able block base to base with surface models.

The only thing i would like to see added is the Coatl getting back flying and Neb'nesew Ne'pet to get the SA floater (look at the model, his feet are not on the ground).

In reading a few of the earlier posts I think there's some confusion on Disable. An attacking model only removes one attack and DV from the target model, not as many attacks and DV as it #ma's. It's worded "Melee attack action" not Melee attack.

If the concern is Healers now I can't see why, we are talking about a single model in the army that has the ability. Apart from the FA healing component I can't see this as a real issue.

What if any sort of healing wasn't a free action and required a non-combat action? And what if it wasn't linked to the BSG models dying in any way?

My thoughts on this are the Vampires get a free healing without any noncombat action being used, why can't another faction get a similar ability? that or make the vampires have to burn a noncombat action too

My thoughts on this are the Vampires get a free healing without any noncombat action being used, why can't another faction get a similar ability? that or make the vampires have to burn a noncombat action too

Um , NO ! The Vamps do have to spend a non-combat action to heal as it is a "Loot" action which IS a non-cambat action . :rolleyes:

Vampires do not get free healing! We have to kill you first, you know. Nothing free about having to kill you. Some people just don't kill easily. And this may shock some readers...some models even fight back. Once in a while a Vampire dies. Not often, mind you. We aren't Vampires with a capital V for nothing. Bane is free. Sokar is Near is free. Elf Sure Shot is free. Vamp Feeding requires set up. Worse, it doesn't even work on half the armies I end of facing! You can't feed off a mummy! It's all dry and disgusting, like meatloaf.

Gus,

Any word on when we might get a chance to look at the new FA's, spells, and magic items?

Soon? :devil:

What? Oh come on! Fine... How about tomorrow?

OK, I just shared the latest RC08 Public Beta document with my Black Lightning team. Once a few of them are able to look it over today, I'll post it for ya'll. I'm thinking sometime this evening, but it will be up before midnight. ::);