Wow

Sergeant_Crunch

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a pretty cool website, but I think the reason why you don't see the whole thing in one picture is b/c it didn't exist that way. I bet he rebuilt each scene using the same parts as he took the photos. The gate is from the Heroscape Castle set and there's only one in the set, so unless he spent a couple hundred bucks on multiple Castles, he built each "stage" seperately. Nothing wrong with that, just pointing it out.

As my son gets older, and hopefully more into the fantasy side of Heroscape and less on the Marvel heroes, I plan on buying some of the World Works (www.worldworksgames.com) paper terrain systems and using them for HeroScape games. They should work perfectly fine and give us castles and stuff on the cheap.

Hey, I got my son Marvel Heroscape for his birthday last week too!

The first thing I thought after we finished our first game was "I need to stat out some CAVs for this game." ::D:

I've been thinking the exact same thing. I found a site that had a template to make your cards for Heroscape. Just gotta remember where I hid the link.

We opted for the first master set rather than the Marvel. They're just as happy with an orc riding a dinosaur lookin' thing and a dragon as they would with The Hulk or Spiderman. I'm just happy I don't have to paint them. Though not having eyes is kind of bugging me for some reason. :wow: They've already been pestering me for more. I'll probably pick up one of those lots of bajillion hexes on ebay in the near future and some of the expansion. I've also been thinking of what I can make and cast in resin to add.

Hey, I got my son Marvel Heroscape for his birthday last week too!

The first thing I thought after we finished our first game was "I need to stat out some CAVs for this game." ::D:

I've been thinking the exact same thing. I found a site that had a template to make your cards for Heroscape. Just gotta remember where I hid the link.

We opted for the first master set rather than the Marvel. They're just as happy with an orc riding a dinosaur lookin' thing and a dragon as they would with The Hulk or Spiderman. I'm just happy I don't have to paint them. Though not having eyes is kind of bugging me for some reason. :wow: They've already been pestering me for more. I'll probably pick up one of those lots of bajillion hexes on ebay in the near future and some of the expansion. I've also been thinking of what I can make and cast in resin to add.

Got this for the kids a while ago - great into into wargaming, IMO. And there is enough to the game that adults enjoy it, too. Even a tournament circuit.

Great site - www.heroscapers.com is a fan run site, with great forums for setting up tournaments, alternate cards, terrain, maps, etc.

Also, www.hscodex.com is a nice quarterly magazine. Comes with some super nice maps, that aren't too bad to build. Nice reviews on pretty much everything in the game. And, most importantly, I think it was in issue 7, someone stated out the BPRD Horroclix set. Hellboy in Heroscape!

And Marvel Heroscape and normal Heroscape are pretty much compatible. If you only buy marvery, try to pick up a basic set just for the extra terrain - quite frequently, you can find the starter on sale for $25 at either Target or Wal-Mart. And hobbies that you can buy at Target are much easier to slip into the house.....

Mike

My son would rather have Marvel.

Honestly, so would I. Ary has the basic set and a one or two boosters. (My brother got them for her for Christmas.) We need to try it out.

I was thinking the same thing as Chrome, though. They probably re-used parts to build different scenes. Otherwise the photographer would probably be posting that panoramic view for internet cool points.

Still, it's a really cool presentation.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for the interest you had on my Heroscape's site :rolleyes:

making-of-the-hsmoria-2-part-017.jpg

making-of-the-hsmoria-2-part-024.jpg

If you want to have a better look, look at that:

"making of" Hs Moria

"making of" Hs Moria the end

or at that

Visit the Moria with Gimli

on the site you have as well all the Heroscape's links you need (just have a look!)

and if you clic on "liste complète" on the left under "select an article", you will have a lot more maps!

The Moria is one map, we have play a lot on it as on all the maps on the site... during the games, the fellowship succeded only 1/3 times :blink: ...

You said---------My first thought was, "someone has to much time on their hands..."--------... you just have to take your time! :poke:

and---------My second thought was, "Man that would be fun to play..."-------... ohhhh yes, it was great!

You said----------I was thinking the same thing as Chrome, though. They probably re-used parts to build different scenes. Otherwise the photographer would probably be posting that panoramic view for internet cool points.------- ... just my little camera 4 megapixels and my hands :poke:

Sorry for my english :down: ...

Thats simply brilliant mate, I don't think that taking time to make such project work is time wasted, but more time well spent.

I'd love to make something like that, but I neither have the time or the room for something of that size.

Your English by the way was good, so no need to apologise.

Wow! OK, I'm even more impressed now. ::o:

Just how many HS kits/blocks did it take to build all of that?

~20 master sets and 10 castles... but I don't know exactly because I bought 80% of my Heroscape stuff from different people (you can have a lot of hexagons and not spending as much money that way!)

For my Marvel's map

Marvel Heroscape "The Dam"

The-Dam-070.JPG

I used less than the half of what I had used for the Moria!

It looks bigger in the picture than it is in reality!

Thank you for your comments :blush:

I'm going to have to echo Sarge with... Wow... just plain Wow...

My big question is where the heck do you store these massive constructs when you're not playing with them? It's too bad that they're hexes though, I'd like to play HeroClix on that Marvel grid. The shape of the tiles is probably the main reason I've never gotten into HeroScape stuff, it's just not the right shape for the games I've been playing lately.