Sign in to follow this  
wildbill

DHL Models as Warlord Models

So are Darkspawn still going to be the red headed step children? The DHL Equivalents for Conjunctivus, and there are two, are DHL figures that have the title of Conjunctivus: DHL 2016 & DHL 2381. But according to the figure finder they are not in general distribution, but are still available for purchase.

So are Darkspawn still going to be the red headed step children? The DHL Equivalents for Conjunctivus, and there are two, are DHL figures that have the title of Conjunctivus: DHL 2016 & DHL 2381. But according to the figure finder they are not in general distribution, but are still available for purchase.

If you look at the new Warlord's datacard you'll see that the model number has a '?'. This means that it will be a new release.

You could say the Darkspawn go the short end of the stick since the Blood Stone Gnomes are in their own faction now. Personally I like the move though. Demons and monsters > baby blue gnomes.

You could also say they were treated better than other factions since they got several new models and they will see a seriously nice boost because of all their mages. Driders, eye beasts and mind flayers oh my.

1) With these conversions, for those of us that were using them as proxies for some other model, can this continue?

Why would you not be able to? Reaper's proxy rules have always allowed for you to proxy one Reaper model for another... why would this be different? Could you not proxy Kristianna for Finari if you wanted? Just because a DHL model has now been given WL stats doesn't make it any less useful as a proxy. Just adhere to the rest of the proxy rules (i.e. don't proxy it for Thorgram, or try to use Klaus as Durin and as Klaus in the same army), and you are golden.

~v

Fine to assign new cards DHL models, but some of us have been waiting to see Argyrian anxiously, and this isn't even close to as impressive as I wanted, a real let-down by Reaper in not giving the only Dragon in the game the time and effort of a new sculpt.

Once again, for the record, Argyrian is not the *only* dragon in the game. The Reptus have the Broodmaster warlord, a dragonrider on a dragon. But I feel your pain about retreads just the same; too many of the Reptus look awfully... familiar. 'nuff said.

The rules do NOT state we can use any Reaper model for another. They say "generic". I've always read that to mean I can't use Chattel as Ivy Crown Skirmishers because they aren't Ivy Crown Skirmishers. Chattel aren't generic. Once you slap a name and stats on a DHL model it no longer is "generic". I use plenty of generic Reaper models in all my armies. If Reaper puts a name and stat block on a DHL model that I currently use as a proxy for something else, can I still use it at the ReaperCon Tournament as my proxy?

"Why would you not be able to? Reaper's proxy rules have always allowed for you to proxy one Reaper model for another... why would this be different? Could you not proxy Kristianna for Finari if you wanted? Just because a DHL model has now been given WL stats doesn't make it any less useful as a proxy. Just adhere to the rest of the proxy rules (i.e. don't proxy it for Thorgram, or try to use Klaus as Durin and as Klaus in the same army), and you are golden."

I love the addition of Klaus as a pure rogue. Kara and Snorri are two of my favorite dwarf models, but they both tended to get used in a ranged manner since they were alot of points to risk up close. Klaus is so cheap I won't mind getting him involved in a nasty scrum!

I thought Klaus was a perfect add for all the reasons you stated. He is also an awesome sculpt ::):

Thanks for the list Dewen! I appreciate it! :wub:

Wild Bill :blues:

np

20+ DHL models is pretty sweet :wub:

I opened the pdfs and did a search

BSG

Charnel Grub DHL 3017

Purple Worm DHL 3009

Crusaders

Mathew, Blessed of Aurellius DHL 3292

Pegasus Rider DHL 3096 (cooler name coming soon I'm sure)

Dwarves

Klaus Copperthumb DHL 3099

Elves

Argyrian, Silver Dragon DHL 2457

Koborlas

Feral Lupine Pups DHL 2872

Wild Wolves DHL 2649

Moor Hound DHL 2817

Mercenary

Mika, Samurai Heroine DHL 3058

Necropolis

Skeleton Spearman LE 20006

Overlords

Thurion, Blackguard Captain DHL 3158

Mageguard Golem DHL 3204

Razig

Jaus, Sharkman DHL 2890

Reptus

Spikeshell Warriors DHL 3272

Reven

Gronk Spliteye, Bugbear Captain DHL 3101

Nor'Okk, Ettin DHL 3137

Bloodmane, Gnoll Champion DHL 3214

Korgug, Bugbear Bully DHL 3245

Bugbear Warrior DHL 2818

Gnoll Archer DHL 3190

I'm guessing Argyrian got bumped from this list?

Because Argyrian is a Warlord, he cannot be proxied per rule #3 of the paint and proxy rules, at least for the big three tournaments - Reaper Con, Origins and Gen Con. For local events, it is up to the discretion of your local event coordinator.

Sorry to burst some folks bubbles.

A DHL proxy was mentioned for Rathuros earlier, which pretains to this also. True you can't proxy them as a Warlord, but both have the Outrider SA, so they can be turned into a solo, making them legal to proxy.