Sign in to follow this  
Brushmaster

Minor Complaint

I'm generally not one to complain (stick by the rule if you can't say something nice , don't say anything) but let me say I'm not impressed by this new model

- Dwarf Kneebreaker

Looks like they just cut the sharp bits of the axe of a Dwarven Swiftaxe . I'm sorry guys , but just a tiny bit of green stuff could have made this look better . :rolleyes:

I'm generally not one to complain (stick by the rule if you can't say something nice , don't say anything) but let me say I'm not impressed by this new model

- Dwarf Kneebreaker

Looks like they just cut the sharp bits of the axe of a Dwarven Swiftaxe . I'm sorry guys , but just a tiny bit of green stuff could have made this look better . :rolleyes:

And that mold line! :wacko:

Guess I'll add my vote to the 'disappointed' column on these guys. It's always a little bit of a letdown when a new model that comes out is only a mod of one that's already been released, but I think it's even more disappointing with these guys for two reasons: first, the mod is so small that you can barely tell this guy apart from the Swiftaxe model that he's based on. Second, the data card for Kneebreakers is fairly unique (MAV 8, #MA 1, and Critical Strike on a soldier model); I was hoping for a new, really cool-looking model that captured the unique feel that the stats create in my mind.

Even if just the haft of the weapon was made longer and the weapon made a little more unique, along with an attempt to modify the helmet so that I could acknowledge that an effort was at least made on the Kneebreaker. This is shocking and uncharacteristic of Reaper, very disappointing, no effort was made, and I'm not sure why they bothered.

Normally, no one likes a complainer, but this is no whining, mewling, complainin' child. This is a customer, and a fan of the game, tellin' it like it is.

I always appreciate a heads up so I can make an informed decision.

Is someone forcing you guys to buy this model? If you don't like it, don't buy it - simple. There are plenty of new releases to choose from.

This is a model that represents a particular playing piece in Reapers Warlord game, so if I want to use that playing piece, and not proxy in something for it (which luckily Reaper allows) I need to buy this model. I dislike using proxies for the most part with grunts, I tend to prefer using the actual models. I proxy in characters I'm taking doubles of but with grunts I like a what you see is what you get approach.

If it were just a sculpt, and not part of the game I wouldn't care in the least if Reaper feels it can sell enough models of such a minor conversion to justify producing it. What it appears they are doing with this model is trying to limit the costs, and hoping enough Warlord players want the model enough that they buy it despite its near identical look to the Swift Axe. We are playing their game, and buying and promoting their minis, I think it is only fair they give us new sculpts (or at least modified sculpts more substantial than this). Is Hagard the Maimed going to be a Gargram model with a peg leg and a hammer? It is a slippery slope if we let this model go without complaint.

If you want to be technical about it, that guy is a Swiftaxe. A year and a half ago when I was collecting my Dwarf army (man, I need to get back to work on that and play!), that same hammer was included in the Swiftaxe 3-pack as one of the weapons, and that body was one of the guys in the blister.

Yeah, I thought it was weird too - I guess he didn't get the "axes only" memo.

Keep in mind that Reaper has both spoiled the Warlord community, and raised the bar on themselves, with the variety of sculpts and poses.

It's not unreasonable to see this Kneebreaker from Reaper and think the customer wants more. Reaper'll come around if enough people ask for a new sculpt, and providing the line and the game continue to grow.

You think that is bad .... what's up with this?!?!?!?!?

Looks more like a Ghoul than a wood elf....

14470_w_1.jpg

I think the problem is that they're starting to push their workers into putting detail into everything that the basic stuff is being pushed to the side.

Hopefully they start putting more QC into the greens before they're allowed into production.

Regarding the new wood elf, although he does appear to have gotten hit pretty hard with the ugly stick, I'll wait until I see him in person before I form a final opinion. The angle from a which a photo is taken can really have an effect on a mini's appearance -- sometimes for the better, but more often for the worse, it seems.

You think that is bad .... what's up with this?!?!?!?!?

Looks more like a Ghoul than a wood elf....

That just proves the point that Elves are little ghouly men. Or was that girlie men?

It's been a long day and my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be. :poke: