Sign in to follow this  
Brushmaster

Minor Complaint

How about Sir Azarphan the Prancing?

See Picture Here

“Mommy, can I take ballet lessons?”

“Go ask your father.”

“Daddy, can I take ballet lessons?”

“Well, Azarphan, if you can do ballet while wearing full plate armor and a winged helmet, then yes you can.”

:devil:

::P:

:lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

I always thought he was just flagging down a cab.

I actually love that sculpt of Azarphan.

I think that sculpts position or a bad sculpt are very different than what Brush Master was originally complaining about. Which was the complete rehashing of one model for another. We can all understand that they reuse models to cut costs, but this was kind of silly.

I'm anxious to see what Bryan has up his sleeve.... and I hope to be surprised :)

I imagine we'll just get a different set of pics, don't expect anything more.

I like Azarphan as well, and it isn't a matter of liking or disliking in the KneeBreakers case. Merely that Reaper has saved money at the expense of the game, and the fans and players of the game.

Merely that Reaper has saved money at the expense of the game, and the fans and players of the game.

Well. . . its not really at the expense of the game or of the players if by doing so has helped Reaper maintain profitability and thereby continue to be around to produce and support the game.

The industry is littered with the corpses of defunct miniatures games companies that failed to stay in the black. If not joining that heap means that sometimes Reaper takes some cost cutting measures, I'm all for it. All in all, I don't think the lack of a 100% new sculpt for Dwarven Kneebreakers is really a crisis.

Merely that Reaper has saved money at the expense of the game, and the fans and players of the game.

Well. . . its not really at the expense of the game or of the players if by doing so has helped Reaper maintain profitability and thereby continue to be around to produce and support the game.

The industry is littered with the corpses of defunct miniatures games companies that failed to stay in the black. If not joining that heap means that sometimes Reaper takes some cost cutting measures, I'm all for it. All in all, I don't think the lack of a 100% new sculpt for Dwarven Kneebreakers is really a crisis.

Agreed. Don't like the sculpt use a DHL Miniature. There are plenty of figures to use. Also remember unless it is one of the holy three cons you can use whatever figure you want, that is if your opponent agrees. My Darkspawn army started by using my chainmail Kilsek (Drow) faction. now I have plenty of Warlord and DHL figs that do the job nicely.

True, the lack of a new sculpt is not a crisis, just disappointing. It seems akin to handing in a term paper in size 14 font instead of 12 because you just didn't have enough written to meet the minimum page count. Somehow, you fool yourself into thinking your teacher or professor won't notice (as if you're the first to ever try this sort of thing), but deep down you know it's really silly.

It's also true that there are plenty of proxies available, but it is silly of Reaper to present an official model for a data card that is already being used as an official model for another data card.

If you want to be technical about it, that guy is a Swiftaxe. A year and a half ago when I was collecting my Dwarf army (man, I need to get back to work on that and play!), that same hammer was included in the Swiftaxe 3-pack as one of the weapons, and that body was one of the guys in the blister.

So, without breaking any sort of rules, a dwarf player could have a Swiftaxe in his army using the body in question, armed with a hammer (an official Swiftaxe model) and, in the same troop, have a Kneebreaker with the same body type, armed with the same hammer (the official Kneebreaker model). :blink: He could have two of the exact same models in the same troop (neither of which are proxies) which actually represent two totally different data cards and are in fact the official models for those data cards! This is really silly at the very least, and disappointing because of Reaper's usually high standards for quality.

That being said, it is, as the title says, a minor complaint; Reaper is still the best and it won't stop me from buying their minis and probably playing dwarves at some point in the future.

The Dwarf Mancatcher and Dwarf Pathfinder are the same mini, but at least some effort has been made to make them a little different (beard, and a drastic change in weapons), that I can handle to a much better degree. If Reaper is going to re-use a mini I expect at least that sort of effort.