Sign in to follow this  
kristof65

Reaper Chronoscope

the cowgirl in the trenchcoat with shotgun looks awesome, it'll be good to see some modern/futuristic models since past converting warmachine and 40k models theres not really alot out there in standard scale. cant wait.

Im definitally looking forward to the Western stuff, as well as anything that looks cyberpunkish. I heavent read the whole thread, but Im hoping somewhere in there that there will be some two-fisted pulp action heroes and nazis to shoot at

I was wondering if certain DHL models that are more Chrono in scope would be duel cataloged... not particularly repackaged but advertised through the chrono line. With the new line there will be historical and sci-fi gamers that are unfamiliar and disinterested in dhl because they have no interest in D&D type stuff, and may miss some figs that they would buy. I'm thinking mainly vikings and the highlanders, zombies and pirates and the occassional odd mini like astrid the goth elf with the electric looking lute.

I was wondering if certain DHL models that are more Chrono in scope would be duel cataloged... not particularly repackaged but advertised through the chrono line. With the new line there will be historical and sci-fi gamers that are unfamiliar and disinterested in dhl because they have no interest in D&D type stuff, and may miss some figs that they would buy. I'm thinking mainly vikings and the highlanders, zombies and pirates and the occassional odd mini like astrid the goth elf with the electric looking lute.

I would not expect to see existing models dropped into Chronoscope blisters on your store shelves. My guess is that anyone looking for vikings on our Figure Finder will find what we offer in DHL, Warlord, and any potential Chronoscope Vikings. Putting a "Chronoscope" tag on a DHL figure would only cause confusion, as would, I fear, listing models in our catalog on both the DHL pages and the Chronoscope pages.

If I'm misunderstanding, then it's because I am not sure what you mean by "advertised through the chrono line." I can see that the highlanders, vikings, pirates, etc. might be considered more "Chronoscope" than "DHL", but I would think that anybody looking for such would find them on our finder regardless of which brand they are under.

I would not expect to see existing models dropped into Chronoscope blisters on your store shelves. My guess is that anyone looking for vikings on our Figure Finder will find what we offer in DHL, Warlord, and any potential Chronoscope Vikings. Putting a "Chronoscope" tag on a DHL figure would only cause confusion, as would, I fear, listing models in our catalog on both the DHL pages and the Chronoscope pages.

If I'm misunderstanding, then it's because I am not sure what you mean by "advertised through the chrono line." I can see that the highlanders, vikings, pirates, etc. might be considered more "Chronoscope" than "DHL", but I would think that anybody looking for such would find them on our finder regardless of which brand they are under.

I'm not talking about re-packaging or putting a tag on anything. I'm talking about giving those dhl figures a chrono number for search purposes. Not all searches will take place on the figure finder. Maybe they just went to the asylum and clicked the chrono link or the chrono link in the figure gallery. Also they may be shopping in a chrono section on another store site or at a flgs. Some flgs may only be able to search within a line and not everything they own.

Having a model duel listed wouldn't be that hard... dhl 3501/chr0001. Something similar could also be done with warlord now that they have several dhl figures. Will dhl 3017 and 3009 for instance come up on a Bloodstone Gnome search in the figure finder? They aren't from that line, but are designated models in the game. So however it works out having a duel number or similar system might make things easier in the future. Maybe not. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Not to sound impatient or anything but.....it's June! Where's my chronoscope!

Seriously though I am anxiously awaiting being able to order some of these. I have been looking all over for good fig's for an upcoming Traveller campaign I am going to be starting and a lot of these will fit the bill just perfectly!

Seriously though I am anxiously awaiting being able to order some of these. I have been looking all over for good fig's for an upcoming Traveller campaign I am going to be starting and a lot of these will fit the bill just perfectly!

Official release Date is Monday, June 9th.

Official release Date is Monday, June 9th.

They were available at ReaperCon :devil:

They were available at ReaperCon :devil:

So all one needs now is a Chronoscope to calibrate one's time machine?

You, know, with VOR being re-realesed in the near future, and awesome new Custom force builder rules with it...I think I am forming up a new mercenary command of Chronoscope exclusive figures!!! Excellent!

www.wargamefans.net