Totem of Battle

So I kept re-reading the the entry in the Rage Chronicles 2007 and began wondering. So is the the 10% cost for the Totem of Battle asessed from the agreed upon points limit, or for from the actual points spent on guys and gear? The difference is 14 points for a 1500 point battle. (ie 1364 for guys and 136 for the totem, or 150 for the totem up front.) Not wanting to be a pain just want to know if I can take the musician or not.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is 10% of the agreed upon game points.

So if you're playing a 1500 point game, the totem is 150 points. Even if you only take 1337 points of models, spells, and equipment, you still pay 150 points for the totem.

It is 10% of the agreed upon game points.

So if you're playing a 1500 point game, the totem is 150 points. Even if you only take 1337 points of models, spells, and equipment, you still pay 150 points for the totem.

1337 points? Whats so significant about 1337? :ph34r: ph34r my m4|) 1337 skillz u r pwnd eleventy :lol:

Thanks for the answer. I think that your answer is the spirit and intent of the rule, but I think that an argument could be made that it could be read the other way. It is spliting hairs for a mere 14 points. In my book, not worth the argument.

psyberwolfe1, is right. There could be argument made that the Totem is your current force size instead of maximum force size. We know that isn't the case, but not everyone spends as much time here as us :)

Hopefully Gus will see this and toss the word 'Maximum' between "10% of" and "Force Size".

At one time there was an FAQ on Reapergames that clarified the 10% cost rule, but that seems to be gone now. Perhaps the RC08 needs to state the cost is "10% of maximum force cost"

I was kind of thinking the same thing: that RC08 should spell that out. The point cost states "10% of Force Size" which could be interpreted as 10% of what I have bought in troops, and not 10% of the Force Limit. As I said not really all that important to me, but I do live in a town of gamers who like to stretch the rules for more than they are worth. I thought it would be worth asking.

Hopefully Gus will see this and toss the word 'Maximum' between "10% of" and "Force Size".

And so he has. ::D:

He also added this sentence to the Notes field:

"The point cost is based on the size of the game being played. So if playing a 1500 point game, the Totem of Battle costs 150 points, even if your army total is less than 1500."

And so he has. ::D:

He also added this sentence to the Notes field:

"The point cost is based on the size of the game being played. So if playing a 1500 point game, the Totem of Battle costs 150 points, even if your army total is less than 1500."

This is why I love Reaper. :wub: They actually fix/ answer problems unlike... I'll leave that alone.