Sign in to follow this  
psyberwolfe1

Casting into h2h

Does casting Scare into H2H trigger disipline checks? Specifically does casting Scare on a fearless Isiri Warrior, or next to them, cause disipline checks?

Are the Isiri your models or your opponents?

Isiri models have fearless so cannot gain a fearless token, even from a scare spell (it says so in the spells description). So whether they are friendly or enemy they are immune to the actual spell itself.

If they are your models, they would also automatically become shaken (no discipline test, automatic! friendly ranged attacks provoke a discipline roll, friendly spells cause an automatic shaken token) if caught in the AOE of a friendly spell. However, this would likewise not affect the Isiri because of their Fearless SA.

The only time I can see the Isiri being affected by such an event is when fighting an Undead army, in which case they lose their Fearless SA due to fear of Undeath.

Isiri models have fearless so cannot gain a fearless token, even from a scare spell (it says so in the spells description). So whether they are friendly or enemy they are immune to the actual spell itself.

If they are your models, they would also automatically become shaken (no discipline test, automatic! friendly ranged attacks provoke a discipline roll, friendly spells cause an automatic shaken token) if caught in the AOE of a friendly spell. However, this would likewise not affect the Isiri because of their Fearless SA.

The only time I can see the Isiri being affected by such an event is when fighting an Undead army, in which case they lose their Fearless SA due to fear of Undeath.

The Isiri were mine. I did it right. Yeahxorrs!!! Scare and Isiri are a great combo.

The Isiri were mine. I did it right. Yeahxorrs!!! Scare and Isiri are a great combo.

Yeah, it is a decent combination given how cheap Scare is now. I've really taken to firing into hand-to-hand and casting into hand-to hand these days if I'm playing my Necropolis as my skeletons don't mind at all either.

Yeah, it is a decent combination given how cheap Scare is now. I've really taken to firing into hand-to-hand and casting into hand-to hand these days if I'm playing my Necropolis as my skeletons don't mind at all either.

That rule addresses your own troops being caught in your AOE spell attack while in H2H.

What about non-AOE attack spells cast into combat? Do they provoke discipline checks, cause automatic shaken tokens, or what?

That rule addresses your own troops being caught in your AOE spell attack while in H2H.

What about non-AOE attack spells cast into combat? Do they provoke discipline checks, cause automatic shaken tokens, or what?

No they don't. non-AoE spells do not provoke discipline checks.

In a quick summary:

Ranged Attacks do, but you get to make a discipline check. Arrows are not as accurate as ice shards so it gives soldiers the shakes when they start flying by.

AoE spells that catch your models in the AoE automatically give them a shaken token. Your mage doesn't get to pre-measure that radius so you are flat out saying "I don't care if you get caught on fire".

Specific target spells, don't. A mage targets with some kind of unheard of arcane accuracy, everyone trusts them to be perfect and usually they are.

Edited for clarification.

Edited by shakhak