ReaperCon Sophie Auctions

Vaitalla

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he sent it insured via UPS. It made it to Denton, but never made it to Reaper HQ. As far as I know, it was never found nor was the thief, but I'm assuming UPS had to shell out the money for the amount the package was insured for.

That just bites. The fact someone was that dishonest that they swiped it from a package just is infuriating. Though is does happen. When Fedex was the main carrier for Michaels, Fedex was setting up a Sting operation because someone at the loading center was cutting open boxes for Kmart's jewelry department and stealing the contents then resealing the boxes and they would arrive at Kmart either empty or missing items.

Yeah, my Sophie brought in $400 for Reaper last year -- in insurance money. <_< We don't know where it went, as it was tracked leaving the facility in Denton but it was never delivered, and it hasn't shown up on eBay. Ah well.

Anyway, the Sophies so far this year are beautiful!

Still working...

Derek

Yeah, my Sophie brought in $400 for Reaper last year -- in insurance money. <_< We don't know where it went, as it was tracked leaving the facility in Denton but it was never delivered, and it hasn't shown up on eBay. Ah well.

From what you said and my knowledge of what the UPS and Fedex guys have told me, and what I've seen happen with my own two eyes, the package was probably accidentally delivered to the wrong spot - perhaps delivered with other freight to another company there in Denton and someone there either never gave the package back to UPS, or either tossed it in the trash or took it home. I've had numerous packages end up in the stockroom that were not meant for the store and I would give them back to the UPS/Fedex guy the next day so he could deliver them to the proper place. It happens when you have 150+ stops a day to do and you have to have it all done by a given time. Sadly while most people are honest enough to hand the packages back to the delivery guy, there are some people out there who don't care.

From what you said and my knowledge of what the UPS and Fedex guys have told me, and what I've seen happen with my own two eyes, the package was probably accidentally delivered to the wrong spot ...

Hmm. OK -- I'll pick that as my rationalization of what happened -- accident and/or ignorance, rather than malice. :rock:

Anyway, fine work by Marike!

Seven weeks until the con!

Derek

• Reaper User

Okies, now that we have four I have planned the order of auctions for those who are waiting for a particular Sophie to go up on the block. ::D: Jester's ends tonight, and my own Sophie will go up for auction tonight and end next week. Then Sue's will go up, then Marike's. Then anyone else's who happens to get 'em to me <cough> Kyle, Derek, Ali...</cough>. Oh, and Ollie said he would be trying to finish one for me, too! Yays!

--Anne ::):

Someone should explain the eBay bidding system to the guy who won Jester's Sophie (and is obviously one of the bidders on Anne's). It's as though he feared he would have to pay his maximum bid, even if there were no competing bids. Well, either that, or he actually did reconsider how much he was willing to pay for the piece, many times over, in rapid succession. ::P:

Derek

• Reaper User

Sue's auction is up!

Bid Here!

This is an awesome piece, soon to go to a good home...make that home yours! ::D:

--Anne ::):

p.s. sorry for the week of lag, but I wanted to buy some time for more people to finish their Sophies...more up in the gallery soon!