Apc destroyed in high flight

It's in the rulebook, under movement. Not sure which page.

The new 'Fenri style' stuff in the JoR2 is called an AT(Gunship) so I'd say that right now, if it's an APC it can't use Hybrid and if it's an AT thenit can, and the Fenri is an AT.

As for disembarking, I've always said that a Fenri or other infantry carrying vehicle in Hybrid Flight needs a turn to 'lose altitude and slow' before it can disembark so like we did in Outpost, they can use Hybrid but then they have to wait until next turn and use normal movement types in order to offload.

We definately need a clarification on this one. The Baron's fluff says it can boost into orbital space, so it should be able to use Hybrid. The HH and Badger should be hover and then rest with movement type Air are actually air... and Whispers and Rippers are a known exception.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead is best choice. Even if the flying models assumed to be high enough to parachute down safely, they will scatter enough to not be an effetive unit. And in the time they spend regrouping the mecha will finish the battle.

Maybe a 2 to 4 turn delay for survivors to parachute or hoverpack down would be about right if survivors are allowed

The only APC's that can use Hybrid flight are the Merlin, the Fenri, and the Vindicator.  If they use Hybrid flight the infantry cant disembark and if it is destroyed the turn it uses hybrid flight, all infantry are killed instantly.

I have been working on my own rules for paratrooping infantry.  I will get some more info on them finalized and posted.

Seems to me this whole issue could have been avoided bye not listing everthing as air. Units like the headhog which are supose to be or were antigrav units should be listed as such on there sheets.   The can still use the same movement table but it leaves no question as to what can go "hybrid" and what can't

Kai has that 1/2MM rule backwards.  APCs can't *load* any infantry if they use more than 1/2 of their MM during their activation.  They can however move their full MM and unload.

@ GenCon '02, FF moved his full MM, unloaded his AT-23 inf and unloaded a can of whoop butt on Kai.  I told them that the inf couldn't unload after moving over 1/2 its MM.  The next day, FF took his case to Matt, who told me I was wrong, inspite of my protests.  FF still holds it against me to this day, as he frequently reminded me of his stollen kills at this year's GenCon.  :;):

As to whether or not it makes any sense, thats up to you.  I'm of the opinion that if a turn is 4 seconds long, and an APC spends the entire 4 seconds moving (thus using its full MM) then when do the infantry have time to unload?  It takes them 2 seconds to get in the #### thing, why not the same time to get out?  :)

That's the way I'd interpreted it, thinking that 1. since infantry can't move after disembarking, and 2. the APC can move full if the infantry start out in base contact with it before embarking, that it can move full and then drop.  This is why the 1/2 movement thingbefore dropping really caught me by surprise.

I agree completely Gen, but the easy way would have been, well easy and simple and made sense.... can't have that now!! :o(

While I don't mind the two-faced ness of this, I do approve of the infantry dying if hit (Jer, those rules would be cool though.... a scenario rule :o)) what I don't like is that the Fenri/Vindicator/Merlin only count as being in Hybrid Flight only until the end of the turn. That kinda doesn't make sense.....

I agree with Frosch's interpretation of the rules there, but I agree with Chrome as well. But since I allow infantry to use half their movement when they disembark, I suppose I should only allow the APC to move half it's own movement..... in fact that'd probably be cool.