Sign in to follow this  
Sparrow's Tail

Blacktongue, Gnoll

Hey folks,

This is my latest project, the gnoll ranger. I thought having him perched on top of a cliff looking down would suit his 'getting ready to fire' pose. :ph34r: I see some touch ups that are needed. :unsure:

The base is a rock from the beach. I green stuffed the mini's base into the rock and used some ground up bark for the ground cover. I sculpted the tree trunk in the back ground.

Cheers ::):

post-3760-1206362735.jpg

post-3760-1206362800.jpg

post-3760-1206362823.jpg

post-3760-1206362837.jpg

post-3760-1206362928.jpg

• Like 1

ST- Nice work. The base work is mind blowing... How much does that bad boy weigh? Is this a Reaper model? If so, please include the model's number in your topic description.

All around solid piece man.

Paint on.

SK

Thanks for the commenting Sigil ::):

Stern: the number and description are DHL 03190 Blacktongue, Gnoll. Regarding the weight. I think the picture is a little deceiving, the rock is only about 2 inches by 2 inches. Easily fits in the palm of your hand.

cheers

Superb work on the base! I agree with you completely; it fits right in line with the character and stance. It's a snapshot of an action scene instead of just a mini on a base. I think what also ties it all together is the paint job; the browns all go well with the browns and greens in the base; he (she?) doesn't look out of place but rather looks in their element.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement.

Hamish, the base-fu has taken me quite some time to wrap my head around. Most of my bases take a similar theme, rocks with a tree stump. :wacko:

Morganm, thanks for noticing the action shot theme. Much appreciated

Primeval, I love bows with a string added, looks extra real. For this one I used a small strand of hemp fiber twisted and then applied a coat of super glue. I was going for a raw hide look.

thanks again

ST

Cheers

Just need to throw my "Yeah! What they said!" In here.

The base makes me weep, and shows me that I can learn a lot from you. I have already stolen the idea of the chipped up bark.. because that looks great!

I love the string on the bow, I have always been meaning to do this and never have.

I love the way you compose the shots, very nice bit of photography there.

I love how you coordinated all the colors, they all work very well together.

IN short, what everyone else already said, but I had to say it again, because one can never hear too many good things about their stuff.

Probably won't say anything new, but WOW. Great basing. And nice job with the browns - so many and just different enough to keep it interesting.