Sign in to follow this  
Giddoen

New Warlord Rule book?

Ok so I see the new beta rules updates..awesome!

Do we have a possible date for a hardcopy version of the new rules that retailers can put ont he shelves? My FLGS does not want to update the line till he can give a solid date on a new rule book?

Giddoen

Do we have a possible date for a hardcopy version of the new rules that retailers can put ont he shelves? My FLGS does not want to update the line till he can give a solid date on a new rule book?

Giddoen

Unlike certain gaming companies the entire range of figures are valid and are only expanding. So if it is worry about what will go away with the RC08 then assure them no worries. Unfortunately there is no release date on a new book since the RC07/08 are updates to the book and are free for download. So ask him to sell a book or two.

Giddoen

Unlike certain gaming companies the entire range of figures are valid and are only expanding. So if it is worry about what will go away with the RC08 then assure them no worries. Unfortunately there is no release date on a new book since the RC07/08 are updates to the book and are free for download. So ask him to sell a book or two.

See thats the problem, there is no new rule book and retailers want something on the shelf. If you can sell 30 - 50 $ worth of mini and then another 20 - 30 in rule books then he is happy. I have run plenty of demos and I can tell you from experience that people want a hard copy of a up to date rule book when they buy the minis.

Now I am not saying that is how it is at all game stores but that is how it is at my store! Does not help that the owner will not keep the stock up but I cant blame him when other games have new rulesbook out and are fully supported! Dont get me wrong I love my Warlords and CAV but at least in my area the game is dying, not because of the lack of mini's its the lack of a hardcopy rulebook. People dont want to buy a out dated rulebook and then have to go home and print out 55 pages of Beta rules then print the army cards. It sucks but that is the facts which is why the reaper rack at our local store is picked clean and collecting dust on the figs that are still there. while other games get picked up.

I am just hoping we see a solid rule book in stores before the end of this year. It will make my day when I can buy the solid core rules all in one book!

But till then I have several copies of the rules with me and continue to run demos.

Giddoen

What I'd like to see is a new rule book and the Faction starter kits brought back . They were great for getting people into the game IMHO . :poke:

• Like 1

I really agree with that, faction starters were an easy sell to help people get into the game.

I'd prefer to see any new starters showcase the games combined arms nature by including something like: Warlord, an Elite, 2 archers, 3 Warriors, 2 spearmen.

The current Rulebook isn't worth investing in individually, maybe as a group of 3-4 you might find it worthwhile to buy one to share.

I don't think you'll find one person who doesn't want to see a new rulebook and it sound like most will put their money where their mouth is. Me not being an exeption to either.

As for the starter boxes for each fraction. The release of a shiny hard cover rulebook at the same time as the starter boxes whould give the whole game a great boost. The starter box SE sugested sound like a good idea. Like he said, it would show off the mixed units, but it would also show off a larger variety of sculps.

I'll buy two. Possibly three, if they're really shiney. Four if they put a Lupine on the cover.

*Justifies 4 books in his own head*

Bathroom. Game Bag. One to loan out to potential players. One too.... put on display.

Actually, I think an updated rule book would be a good boost to the ooverall sales too. I know they are still tweaking the rules some, so I imagine it is still a way off, but I think it would really kick the game off again. With the exception of the local club, Warlords has fallen off dramatically locally. Even the FLGS no longer keeps the wall stocked. I haven't seen any new warlord miniatures go up on the wall.

Skipper

I'll buy two. One for me and another for me! Or one at home next to the computer and one in the game bag. One at work? Maybe three books.

Any retailer that decides not to stock or keep the Warlord line stocked because of the rulebook is doing themselves and their customers a dis-service. The miniatures in the line are awesome and don't need a game system to sell.

• Like 1

Any retailer that decides not to stock or keep the Warlord line stocked because of the rulebook is doing themselves and their customers a dis-service. The miniatures in the line are awesome and don't need a game system to sell.

Some of them do need help (as I recall all the Warlord miniatures I hung on the wall at the new location and think how some of these will never sell).

True but when your shop is dedicated to WH40k and WHFB you dont need to carry other lines! When Reaper had the box sets the owner had them all and a few copies of the rulebook and the factions then it all went south!

Why take shelf space for a game that is not being supported in his (game store owner) eyes! Most shops have only so much space and need to sell what sells for them to stay in biz!

Giddoen

My local store has stopped carrying Warlord and has expended its DHL line in return. Reaper's miniature line as always been one of their best sellers, but interest in the Warlord game was completely absent. The return of the faction boxes and the printing of a bright and shinny new book can only help the game. Players will still buy games and books, but the instability of Warlord means they will turn to other companies.