Jen Haley's new site, finally

I know, I know, it's about time. :blush:

At any rate, Paintrix Miniatures is underway, with about half of what will eventually be in the galleries, and a few articles up. A guide to working with green stuff, and one on basing, are nearly complete. And there are a few Reaper minis, too. :lol: Requests and suggestions for what else you guys would like to see in the way of step-by-step guides, illustrations, etc.?

--Jen

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really nice site Jen (and I build web sites for a living). Good navigation, the pics are beautiful... Have you considered an e-newsletter? I know it's a commitment to put it out, but people love them. ConstantContact.com has some affordable programs, even free if you just have a few subscribers.

There is already a mailing list subscription form on the contact page (not sure if that entails newsletter type stuff - or if it is only for auction notifications...).

Nice and clean layout. The setup should make keeping things updated easier (not sure what backend is being used...so I am not sure what it all has for built in or pluggable functionality). Depending on what it can do and how you want to manage things...comments are handy for tutorial articles. It allows readers to ask questions and you to either clarify in the main text or through the commenting system.

Related to one of the news items you have posted. I haven't heard of any discontinued brushes from DaVinci and I just received a restocking order a couple weeks ago. If I had to guess, the store you linked to is simply no longer going to be carrying them.

• Artists

The site looks great and works well. (I'd personally prefer fewer and longer pages on tutorials, but I know that's a preference thing. :->) I love reading the little tidbits of info under the gallery pieces.

Your website is really good, Jen. The tutorials are well-described and helpful. I really like that the miniatures in the gallery all have some notes with them - something all miniature galleries should have, I believe. And not only that, you can sculpt really well too... you're very talented! I wouldn't mind seeing you sculpt more figures.

Ishil

I like the clean lines of the site and the ample whitespace.

While I generally prefer fewer, longer pages as well, I think that the articles that are currently up are fine.

I would like to see more how to articles on various techniques that you use.

Ron

PS: Thanks for the mention of the sale at Dakota Art Brushes!

It is very nice to see you have an online presence again. The site looks nice and well designed.

It is sites like these I use to refer to when people that do not know anything about the hobby ask me about it, after they have seen a few sites I show them a few minis so they get an idea about the scale involved. I have seen many eyes opening very wide.

I like the small description write up in the galleries, but I'd like to see a more information on the paints used. I know it's a little more work, but I find it very helpful when artists list at least some of the colors they used to achieve their results.

Great looking site! I am glad you have been able to complete this. Your original site was bookmarked and I refered to it frequently. The new tutorials are great (thanks for the freehand!). I look forward to seeing this one progress.

You have always had such a good eye for color...I would be interested to see a more advanced article on your thought process into choosing colors on a mini. I am familiar with the basics (complementary colors, etc.), but when I have read descriptions of the colors you have selected I often find myself thinking "I would have never thought of that..." I had read once somewhere on the forums about how you have done skin tones skipped one part of a triad to provide more contrast. A little rambling there, but does that make sense?

Wow...nice site Jen. Your old site was not updated for so long I stopped checking. Glad you posted here. Your work is incredible, but you already know that! ::D: I can't wait to finally see your work in person at rcon. I think you should bring your entire collection to display!!! I will be like a kid in a candy store with all the tallented painters and sculpters running around. Anyways, keep working on that site! It looks great...and I really like the tutorials. I know how long and all the effort it takes to do stuff like that so THANKS! :poke:

a