Sign in to follow this  
shakhak

Nazis > Lasers?

Aicom vs Reich of the Dead

I don't know much about either of these games, I don't even know if I'm spelling Aicom correctly.

What I do know is that Aicom was whispered in the hushed halls of reaper for a long time. It seems like ideas on this game have been around for ages, but nothing has emerged from it. I think it was even mentioned that there were prototype models made that are now going to be used in Chronoscope.

Reich of the Dead, while it seems very cool, came out of no where. It now has full steam and seems like it is going to bust out on the gaming scene.

I can understand that Reapers reasons are their own, but what was the deciding factor in shutting down Aicom and ramping up a game we've never heard of?

Throwing some things up against the wall...

• AICOM never really made it past the preplanning stage, but they had ordered some greens for reference.
  • Ed likes WWII (IIRC, he had a RC FW190).
  • AT43 beat AICOM to market.
  • Zombies are kewl!
  • Reaper has ADHD.

I can understand that Reapers reasons are their own, but what was the deciding factor in shutting down Aicom and ramping up a game we've never heard of?

Hum... a sci-fi game? Like RotD... Using R.A.G.E. as the game engine... what will people think of next!?

The person that started the rumors about a Sci-Fi game, by publishing it in a rule book, is no longer here.

The possibility of a Sci-Fi game in the future? Extremely high.

Time frame? Well, gotta finish RotD now, then maybe we can work towards a heroic scale sci-fi game.

Would it be called Aicom or anything like that name? Probably not.

Once all of the vehicle/weapon rules are worked out for RotD a significant portion of a sci-fi game falls into place.

RotD is getting closer and closer...

The crystal ball is still hazy, but you never know what will happen next.

The crystal ball is still hazy, but you never know what will happen next.

I don't wanna be a name dropper and all, but, I heard that once the flying monkeys get the clock-work mechanism stuff figured out, RotD will be awesome. And we all know, flying monkeys are associated with awesomeness.

I believe I can sum up this equation ...

Nazis > Lasers = True

Nazis with lasers > Nazis = True

Punch in the groin > Soon™ = True

Nazis > Lasers = True

Because I'm a team player, and also because I like you guys, I'm gonna give my share of SoonTM away. I think it would be selfish of me to keep it. There fore, the first person who wants it, can have it. From me, to you.

Nazis > Lasers = True

lmao

See, I have to disagree. In my mind Lasers > Nazis.

Of course tough in my estimation, Anything > Nazis. Though the awesome is Anything using lasers to kill Nazis.

See, I have to disagree. In my mind Lasers > Nazis.

Of course tough in my estimation, Anything > Nazis. Though the awesome is Anything using lasers to kill Nazis.

Make it Nazi Vampires and your on.

Could CAV minis also get some lovin too?

Giant Robots with Lasers > Nazis

But yeah, now that we have Chronoscope, I really don't need a game to go with it.

Could CAV minis also get some lovin too?

Giant Robots with Lasers > Nazis

But yeah, now that we have Chronoscope, I really don't need a game to go with it.

Heck, why not. We can zap the CAVs with lasers just as well as we would the Nazis. ::):

We aim to please, specially if the mech steps within the target zone.

The person that started the rumors about a Sci-Fi game, by publishing it in a rule book, is no longer here.

The possibility of a Sci-Fi game in the future? Extremely high.

Would it be called Aicom or anything like that name? Probably not.

AICom or Advanced Infantry Combat has always been the working title for the SciFi skirmish game set in the CAV universe. Thus the new scifi grunts being released in the chronoscope range were originally called AICOM grunts.

The person who placed it in a book was using a standard term for a standard project

Ed Discusses AICOM not slotting into the current rules set for CAV2

Greens for 07-11-04 clearly show the prototype grunt, Aicom Ritterlich Infantry is shown on 05-17-05

Please don't say it was a Rumor reaper customers and fans are smarter then that.

Will the working title of AICom be changed? Ya probably it was only ever a working title.

Did I probably just ruin my chance to help out when the RoTD project is stable enough to develop the new project , probably yes

"Did I probably just ruin my chance to help out when the RoTD project is stable enough to develop the new project , probably yes "

I'm not followin' you. I don't follow all the Reaper game talk around here, so please fill me in on what I'm missing. If it's too volatile, you can pm me, if you've the time.