Sign in to follow this  
Gus Landt

Rage Chronicles 2008 Final

Instead of making a special rule, couldn't Skadi, Half-Goddess just be a warlord and have the Champion SA?

No, because she's special:) I was against it because I think a big hero was needed other than the pig. Making her a champion means only a warlord can take her, as a champion it knocks 7 leaders out of getting her. She was a hero by design, had she been a Warlord we'd probably shaved her melee and given her the range making her different from Battlefury. As is the dwarfs don't need three melee warlords, the king and Battlefury fill that gap. Gus may feel differently but that's my opinion.

Personally, I will never field her as warlord, but I would have preferred her to be a Solo, with Champion, instead of a Hero, with Outrider. But, that is just me. ^_^

Wild Bill :blues:

Personally, I will never field her as warlord, but I would have preferred her to be a Solo, with Champion, instead of a Hero, with Outrider. But, that is just me. ^_^

I'm curious to know why? Do you never plan to play the sublist? Or just not games over 1500? Or you'd field her as a warlord in the list but not default? I know why you say solo/champion is probably to save the outrider cost? And from your past list you don't field many elites anyway, so that would explain the hero part. I know you are fond of the King, because he is in many of your lists, and he may be the best buy out there so I cant blame you for using him.

If she were a warlord she'd be the fastest moving 7, charging at 11. She'd have best DV and melee that is pretty equivilent to Battlefury but still gets the tactical stuff like tactician and spy while being a fearsome/berserker. She also has one more track and is cheaper. But yet you write Berserker lists using Battlefury, who is not that different and in my opinion a little inferior.

I'm curious to know why? Do you never plan to play the sublist? Or just not games over 1500? Or you'd field her as a warlord in the list but not default? I know why you say solo/champion is probably to save the outrider cost? And from your past list you don't field many elites anyway, so that would explain the hero part. I know you are fond of the King, because he is in many of your lists, and he may be the best buy out there so I cant blame you for using him.

If she were a warlord she'd be the fastest moving 7, charging at 11. She'd have best DV and melee that is pretty equivilent to Battlefury but still gets the tactical stuff like tactician and spy while being a fearsome/berserker. She also has one more track and is cheaper. But yet you write Berserker lists using Battlefury, who is not that different and in my opinion a little inferior.

The Berserker list turned out to be totally sucky in real life play. Looked awesome on paper. Bad in performance. ::(: I rarely play with a warlord in my armies, unless I am forced to do so (scenario or 1,501 point+ games, etc). And when I do use one, you are correct. It is usually Thorgram. He rocks for 118 points. :wub:

I don't like the new Dwarf sublist. Some of the models I like to take are in it, but I can't even take a basic support guy like a Halberdier. My Shieldmaidens are wasting one of their abilities. Plus, if there was to be an all female army, then I felt that the Sisters should have gotten their own faction, just like the Lupines. The Dwarves didn't need any more models or sublists to be badass. :devil: Although, I am starting to field Skadi as an elite. So far, she is the only Dwarf elite to get me excited. Durgam? Wussy. Durthen? Too expensive for what he does. Mages/clerics? Don't get me started on what I really think of them. :lol:

BUT...this is just my playing style. Jim Ripley plays Dwarves as fanatically as I do, and his play style is almost 180 degrees from mine. Does that make one of us better? No, it's just personal preference. I'm glad you like the new sublist. I hope you have great success with it. I made a couple of lists with it and just felt uninspired, so I won't use it. :upside:

I will say that the Forgemaidens aren't too bad for 33 points each. I used them in a game a couple weekends ago and they held their own quite nicely. ::): They would probably be the only other new model I will use outside of Skadi.

This was pointed out to me by a newbie player that there some confusing text int the Nefsokar section .

In the sublists , it lists Khamsin Archer, Grunt but the data card says Khamsin Ranger . Also the faction list has the Lesser Avatar, Monster listed but he couldn't find it in the data cards until I pointed out that it was probably the Avatar of Sekhmet . Please make the appropriate changes in the final layout . :poke:

"Khamsin Archer", I believe, refers to the Mounted Archer. "Khamsin Ranger" is the non-mounted version.

Perhaps the names of the models should be switched, but that would be difficult at this point.

EDIT - I apologize if this has already been addressed or should be in a different thread...

Dwarves: Data cards in the RC document and on ReaperGames list Durin Pathfinder as a unique sergeant, WL model #14465. The pathfinders are listed as Adepts, WL model # 14460. The text of the RC document lists Durin as changed to non-unique, and the pathfinders changed to grunts.

As a side note (and adding to my confusion), the Figure Finder & Asylum Online Store are opposite in model numbers, and the 9 pack of grunts # 6195 use both sculpts. Seems to me that Durin needs his own sculpt, distinct from the other pathfinders.

Durin does have his own sculpt, unfortunately someone has photographed DUrin as one of the two Adept pathfinder models instead of photographing the two pathfinder sculpts together.

06195: Dwarf Pathfinders

14465: Dwarf Pathfinder Grunt

There are two different Pathfinder sculpts along with Durin it appears. Good catch though.

OK, those pathfinders should be more correct now. The datacards had the correct product numbers, and now the fig finder & store should match the datacards. As for the army pack picturing the sarge... I'll keep looking into it. ::):

OK, the second sculpt in the grunt pack is a conversion of the leader. All of the fiddly-bits were removed, the weapon changed, different facial hair added, and a cloak put on him (hood down) to turn him into a grunt. You can't see it too well in the photo, but it is a grunt. ::):

*poke* any update on the next release of this?

Gus has done the last two about a month before ReaperCon starts... if I remember correctly.

I'm still hoping to have the RC08 layed-out version finished in 08. I had to teach myself Adobe InDesign to do the layout myself this year, thus the extreme delay. The plus side is that future Rage Chronicles will be released in their layed-out version on day 1. ::):

Expect an announcement on RC09 in March. ::):

I'm still hoping to have the RC08 layed-out version finished in 08...

You got 2 weeks left, I hope you're working fast. :unsure: