Sign in to follow this  
Chrome

RAGE Chronicles 2008

I was looking at the Doctrines and a couple more questions came up:

1) The Terran doctrines give you +10% points to purchase varied strikes, but the 20% limit for total strikes hold. Are the free points calculated in when determing the 20% limit or is that off the origional game value (ex. In a 4,000 point game do Terrans have an 800 pt strike ceiling or an 880 point strike ceiling)?

2) The Malvernis doctrine for the HoK attack is a "...variation of the Salvo Strike...". Does the Malv player get to choose which weapons to include/omit from this attack or must he fire all weapons? Can the Malv player fire more weapons than he has DTs left to 'pay' for (ex. if he is on his last DT can he fire 4 weapon)? How are range modifiers calculated? Is it handled like a stanard Salvo Strike where every weapon uses the worst range?

4) Flamer - It is not exempted anywhere that I can find, so then Flamers are effected normally by Jamming/ECM bubbles? What happens if only part of a Flamer's AoE is under the effect of a Jamming/ECM Action?

As it is currently written, yes, Flamer's gain a bonus from Target Lock and EST Bubbles. You can only TL individual Models now though, so the bonus would only be applied against that specific target.

This was not my intention though, I'd planned on changing Flamer so that TL did not effect it, it simply slipped my mind with all of the other things swimming around in my head.

I'm still curious about Flamers and ECM pods. Flamers are effected, normally, by ECM pods? Is the entire Flamer template effected when any part of it contacts an ECM bubble?

Other questions I had come up:

1) There had been some talk in another thread about Target Point Rolls and the common usage that they did not have to be on a model. Having gone through the rules text it's pretty vague either way. Will this be clarified?

2) Models in B2B lend their support for Close Combat. Do models riding in a transport count if their transport is in B2B? Does it only count if it is a ground transport, not an Air transport? If the transport has the Gunport SA do they get to lend support?

3)

MClass Air models may never be considered in B2B with another Model unless a special rule or situtation states otherwise.
Does this mean Jump Infantry cannot conduct Close Combat and/or be counted for support? Alternately, could Jump Infantry then CC a gunship? ::o:

1) you don't have to target a model when yer rolling for a Target Point. Now if your target point falls within the AoE of a ECM it will suffer a penality to land accurately.

2) A model must be in base contact to lend support, if they are in a transport they can not be in B2B contact... so no. Gunport only effect range attack not CC.

3) Jump infantry only act as MClass Air for movement purposes. So they can perform close Combat. Gunships can not be engaged in CC.

1) The Terran doctrines give you +10% points to purchase varied strikes, but the 20% limit for total strikes hold. Are the free points calculated in when determing the 20% limit or is that off the origional game value (ex. In a 4,000 point game do Terrans have an 800 pt strike ceiling or an 880 point strike ceiling)?

2) The Malvernis doctrine for the HoK attack is a "...variation of the Salvo Strike...". Does the Malv player get to choose which weapons to include/omit from this attack or must he fire all weapons? Can the Malv player fire more weapons than he has DTs left to 'pay' for (ex. if he is on his last DT can he fire 4 weapon)? How are range modifiers calculated? Is it handled like a stanard Salvo Strike where every weapon uses the worst range?

1) Yes, the 10% free counts toward the 20% limit. basically what this means is in a 4000 point game a Terran Army is actually getting 4400 points to spend.

1) Yes, the 10% free counts toward the 20% limit. basically what this means is in a 4000 point game a Terran Army is actually getting 4400 points to spend.

Page Ref?

Page Ref?

How about the fifth post in this very thread. Go ahead scroll up I'll wait.

Most of your questions have already be answered by Chrome.

This is more me questioning how things tend to go than me asking for immediate action (as I think the Mil-net folks are doing an amazing job given that they have day jobs). Is there any suggestion of if, and when, the RC08 rules will be integrated into the larger rulebook which can then be downloaded again? I wouldn't even mind doing it myself if I could get the rulebook and RC08 in Word.

As a side question, when the beta cards are finalized will they be the only ones listed on the forum and on Reapergames?

Page Ref?

How about the fifth post in this very thread. Go ahead scroll up I'll wait.

Most of your questions have already be answered by Chrome.

I saw that but that's not what's said in the rules. Specifically nothing is said to the question in the rules and I hoped to see an official clarification. I read the same text and get the exact opposite read. I am often interpreting things differently then the designers intended, admittedly, but at least my questions get the loopholes closed.

This is more me questioning how things tend to go than me asking for immediate action (as I think the Mil-net folks are doing an amazing job given that they have day jobs). Is there any suggestion of if, and when, the RC08 rules will be integrated into the larger rulebook which can then be downloaded again? I wouldn't even mind doing it myself if I could get the rulebook and RC08 in Word.

No time table yet

As a side question, when the beta cards are finalized will they be the only ones listed on the forum and on Reapergames?

That is the current plan, which of course is always subject to change by those higher up on the food chain.

No time table yet

That is the current plan, which of course is always subject to change by those higher up on the food chain.

Groovy, thanks.

B/c CAV's is being used to update the CAV rulebook so I'm making damned sure that every I is dotted and T is crossed before its finalized. We're technically in the exact same state that Warlord's RC is in, this is the final version for mechanics. All we're doing now is making sure all of the text is exactly the way we want it and fits with everything already in the book.

Also b/c I had pink eye all weekend and just today got back to the point where I could look at a monitor for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Ok. Good enough for me.

Sorry you had that bout of pink eye. I had that back in January and spent two days effectively quarantined away from the rest of the world.

Also b/c I had pink eye all weekend and just today got back to the point where I could look at a monitor for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Man, what a slacker ::P:

Could I get someone to email me a copy of the Rage Chronicles Beta document? I forgot to grab it, and both Reapergames and Mil-Net is blocked form here.

Send me a PM if you are willing to do that (and send me the final when it comes out ::D: ), and I will shoot you my email.

Mike

Daily Update: 106 degrees at 11AM, expected high of 112 today.