Sign in to follow this  
Mad Pat

RAGE Chronicles 2008 - Data Cards

When are we gonna see the new data cards for the kitbashes?

I'd say soon but i'd get shot. I'll try to fire those up tonight or tomorrow for everyone. Very busy time of year for me.

As for the Cougar, to lower its points we would have to drop DT's which would then make it easier to kill, thus less sustainable on the battle field. There is no way to arbitrarily drop its cost, it costs what it does because of the stat lines presented.

I'd say soon but i'd get shot. I'll try to fire those up tonight or tomorrow for everyone. Very busy time of year for me.

As for the Cougar, to lower its points we would have to drop DT's which would then make it easier to kill, thus less sustainable on the battle field. There is no way to arbitrarily drop its cost, it costs what it does because of the stat lines presented.

I'd love to see the Cougar's DT drop by one to reduce its cost. I would probably be more apt to field them.

I'd love to see the Cougar's DT drop by one to reduce its cost. I would probably be more apt to field them.

I don't know. 3 Cougars are about the same cost as 2 '60 taters. They have better dvs, half again as many DTs, and longer range bands. ::):

If you added all the tracks and averaged them out

2 Dictators 12 DTS, average DV 7.83, 6 DAs with an average RAV vs hard targets of 3.83

3 Cougars 18 DTS, average DV 8.5, 6 DAs with an average RAV vs hard targets of 4.0

You have to be careful with averages though. The Cougar only has two direct attacks while the Dictator 60 has three. One of those three has a significantly lower modifier against hard targets than the other two. This skews the average in the advantage of the Cougar, though in reality it will not generate as many hits on the target as a Dictator 60 using its two main guns.

Thats true, but the 2 dictators in the example would only have 4 of those and then 2 "spitball attacks" (for lack of a better term) so while the main guns aren't an even match up, it isn't fair to the tators leave off the missiles.

if it makes you feel better, we can term it

4 das with an average RAV vs hard targets of 6.5 AND

2 DAs with an average RAV vs hard targets of 1.5

::):

and they still have to overcome 50% more DTs with an average DV thats higher than their own.

and thats with 2 less "reliable" attacks than the cougar section would have (or 33% less).

Mil-Net Designs batch is posted.

Please go over these and all the others I'd like to kill all the bugs by Fri at the latest.

I can't remember if I've pointed this out...the Martin 2G missiles on the Baron and Overlord are vastly different--different RAVs, and one has smart while the other doesn't.

Keep forgetting to ask. Why'd the Warden go from havin ECM only to having EST only? Played with them today and it's going to take some adjusting.

Keep forgetting to ask. Why'd the Warden go from havin ECM only to having EST only? Played with them today and it's going to take some adjusting.

Splitting TC into 2 halves gave us the opportunity to define each faction a little more. The Rach are designed to be an offensive juggernaut, with little focus on wasting time with defensive electronics. With that philosophy in mind, switching the few KODA models that ECM over to EST was an easy decision.

Played a three-way 4k game this weekend and have a few thoughts on the new cards.

Liked just-about-all of the changes in the units we played with.

The extra range on the Wight and Revenant was quite useful and allowed them to actually participate.

The new Specter II's cost is perfect. It is fieldable, but not so cheap that you are tempted to take any more than you really need.

The Blitz's TC3 was a nasty surprise and left us all thinking we needed to grab half-a-dozen of them. For 287, that kind of accuracy seems quite inexpensive.

The Ghast was disappointing. The bulked guns are nice, but I always liked its DV12 and thought of it as a medium-heavy gunship. DV11 leaves it vulnerable to almost anything. I would be willing to trade some of that improved firepower back for the old DV.

The Dictator 60 actually seemed more resistant to damage than the old version. This is quite odd as I find that anything manufactured by Koda Works, especially the Dic60, is a magnet for damage dice.

The general decreases in tank costs were well recieved all-around. They appear to now be openely competitive with mechs when points are considered.

The Talon OEM needs shielding! In fact, all Recon models need shielding!

This is not actually true. Edd just has the phenomenal ability to roll double zeros against my ECM models with his opening round air strikes. ::o:

So, there you have it. I found two cards (Blitz & Ghast) out of over two-dozen to raise any questions. Rather good ratio, if you ask me.

Good job guys!

Longbow repair? Seems to be lacking a repair, even though is has 0-1-2-dead. Probably a 3 or 4 down there, I would guess. Wanted to repair this evening, and couldn't.....

Didn't check, but any other 2 DT things that got increased to three not get it (Dragonfly??)

Mike