A hodge podge of minis--pic heavy

I posted them a bit larger than usual to give everyone a good change to critique. Hit me hard!

Here they are, in order of various stages of completion:

CAV Ghast from the mercenary unit "Guiness Raiders"--quite close to calling this one done; I am planning on getting some decals to finish it off.

CAVGhastWIP4.jpg

CAVGhastWIP5.jpg

and the base:

CAVGhastWIP6.jpg

Next up is Alastriel and Jolie, a study in reds and a skintone to match my wife's (both will eventually be gifts).

AlastrielWIP1.jpg

JolieWIP1.jpg

Oh as an aside, it appears I have managed to lose the attached hand/book. Does this come from the store as a bit, or do I need to get the whole mini again?

Finally, my warlord entry very early on. He is going to match a previous Reptus I did for the "Something Blue" online contest a while back.

ReptusBreaker1WIP1.jpg

Here is Ra'am I did before:

Reptuscomp.jpg

We'll see how I fare--I am a pretty darn slow painter (most of these have been in progess for months...)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job Jab! Alastriels skin is just awesome! The shadows on the front of that model look nice. The back is still a bit flat (no depth) but I don't know what stage of the painting is done and what is just basecoated or what. I think she would look hot with some blonde streaks in her hair. Maybe in the front! Anyways, you are well on your way. I like the CAV one as well. Very Tauish...and the water base is as nice touch as well.

a

The skin on Alastriel looks much better than Jolie's. The highlighting and blending is much more noticeable and smooth. I agree that the back of the cape could stand some more highlighting and shading.

That Ra'am model is very cool. Both of them are. I think this new one will look great. I look forward to seeing pics of it.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Alastriel is a bit farther along then Jolie. Jolie is just at the basecoat stage. As you all have noticed, the reds on the back of the mini are just at the basecoat stage, while the front side has had some shading.

@OKF--I hadn't made the connection to the Tau, but you are right. I was painting it for my son and he chose the color scheme. I was being clever with the merc name--Guiness Raiders, colored black and tan, ok not so funny...

Have to agree, excellent tanned look on the skin tone on the one girl, still early to comment on the other. Like the Ghast as well, nice weathering on it and the base is great. Like how you did the cockpit as well, realistic look to it.

Hey Jabberwocky,

Definitely love the skin tones, very nicely done. And the ghast is cool. I have to agree it needs a little touch up on the panel lines, especially on the upper surfaces. Looks great otherwise. Any plans for freehand on it? (Just thinking unit markings, maybe....Rach? ::): ) Love the water base. Can't wait to see the finished products.

Thanks once again for the comments. I'll be sure and touch up the panels and get them a bit sharper. DRG--I am planning on getting some decals; if I don't get around to it or they don't arrive, then I'll definitely be putting some freehand on the tailfins and probably on the top as well.

I got some more work done on Jolie today. The skintones are coming along nicely, although getting a bit bumpy on the forehead. The hair is not highlighted yet, that is where paint has rubbed off, hehe. The right eye has been giving me a bit of trouble, but I plan to get that little spot of ivory out just below the lid. I am also going to trim down the darklining around the lips a bit. As you can see I have begun adding some depth to the reds. I've only really done the shading part of things at this point and haven't gotten to the highlighting. Also you can see that I have started the filigree, which will be mine second attempt at NMM gold (the first being last years entry into the RCon Wannabe Contest :)). I have based it in Palomino gold. Suggestions?

JolieWIP2.jpg

I was able to get a bit more work done on Jolie. I have begun highlighting the hair and shading/highlighting the cream portion of the tabard as well as doing some work on those fiddly little straps. I don't think I'll be able to put off the NMM much longer...

JolieWIP3.jpg