Finished a few more

Citrine

These are my first attempts at basing. The pictures are not the greatest, hubby and I need to read the manual methinks. Thanks for looking, and comments welcome. ::):

This wizard is an old Lance and Laser figure I think (it is stamped L&L under the base). This was my first attempts at red with a black base coat, and I am very happy about how the red turned out. The blue highlights in his hair are much less pronounced in real life. ::P:

post-4115-1208396237_thumb.jpg

This lady is from the Reaper Townsfolk set (2825). The straw is a few hairs from a stain brush cut into small pieces.

post-4115-1208396543_thumb.jpg

This figure is from Ral Partha I think. The sword actually has a blue-green tinge, the camera ate the color ::o:

post-4115-1208396687_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work, I really like the basing you did on the bar maid, it's a nice touch. Also, the grass on the last one looks great as well, i wish my earlier basing was that good! Also, i like the shading on the last mini's armor, nice work, and blue highlights on the first mini's hair are nice as well, it looks...magical! :ph34r:

Yeah, that last piece is Partha... You can tell. All the old Partha figures had exactly the same belt, lol.

The belts and the triangular style and shape of the front-and-back mail skirts on the old Partha figures were so standardized on most of the female minis as to be iconic... ::):

The third one is my favorite - the hair looks great! I might add a few "rocks" on her base, just to break up the flatness of the ground. I find that if you use bits of coarse ground pepper (the grey and beige bits), they scale nicely for small rocks on basing.

I like the colors you chose for the Townswoman, but her eyes look a bit "starey". I would probably darkline (dark brown, not black) a bit more around her eyes to tone them down.

Nice work!