Two Kinds of Files you may like...

Helltown

Okie... two bits of news that folks may wish to know...

First up... They announced the title to the new X-Files movie here. Which is awesome and hopefully does well. It's been so long since it was on TV, might be a stretch to get mass market appeal and the first movie... well it wasn't the best.

My second info tidbit is that today (or tomorrow if your FLCBS does comics release on Thursday) The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle comic book hit the shelves. Now, if you don't know about Harry Dresden from either the novels or the TV show, don't worry.. it's a safe jumping on point and actually regular readers of the novels (by Jim Butcher) will be a might confused on where the story fits into the books. Don't ask me about the rest of this week's comics, I'm still too giddy about my Dresden Files with purdy pictures ::D:

Ohh.. if your comic book store neglected to order this title, PM me and I'll send you the Diamond reorder code to take to your FLCBS 'cause I'm all sold out ::):

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Kick 'Donkey' is pretty cool. Silly profanity filter, can't say the actual title of the comic on the forums. The cool part is that it's creator owned despite being published by Marvel, Millar and Romita have to pay to advertise it, pay to print it, and earn a nice chunk of change when it does what it's just managed to do.. earn a second printing. A director's cut of issue #1 is being solicited ::D:

My own reading is a tad eclectic or eccentric depending how you look at it. I some read mainstream superhero titles like Justice Society of America and Captain America, but then on the other end of the spectrum, I read things like Grimm Fairy Tales and PS238. Half of what I read, I've found from actually reading the Previews catalog. But then again, I freaked out ReaperBryan by telling him that I also read GTM (Game Trade Monthly). Apparently 'normal' people don't read catalogs..

As for Dresden Files, sad to report that it's listed as Back Ordered/Not Stocked in Diamond. So... unless a second printing happens, folks who haven't picked it up may need to wait for the trade form.

Anyway... good things happen in the middle of a Previews catalog, skip the 'premium-too-good-for-the-rest' big publishers (Dark Horse is a Merch Mule lately) and try some independent and small press stuff. ::D:

I really dug the Dresden Files TV show... (It had absolutely NOTHING to to do with the hot red head!..)

I feel there is a serious lacking in intellectual story based tv programming... thin I'll start a thread.... :grr:

Edit: wyrm+whiskey+keyboard= oldye Englysh typing.. or some such ^_^

Update on Dresden Files comics:

Today I had two folks come looking for issue #1, alas... I have none, but I told them that issue #2 was a possibility, give me a second and I'll increase my order for the next one. I logged into my handy-dandy Diamond account and tried to up my order... No dice. Issue #2's quantities has already been sent to Dabel Brothers and they 'print to order'. Which means that I'll get two issues again next month *sigh* Issue #1 is already selling for almost twice the cover price on eBay, and unless a second printing happens... it's gonna be scarce soon.