Sign in to follow this  
mercoutlaw

Cohesion?

I was wondering is there any official rule for Section cohesion? It came up at my Demo Monday. My friends and I have always just never thought about it, I guess since we play all of our sections somewhat tight, that there may be a rule we couldn't find about keeping in proximity with our other units.

So...anybody?

I was wondering is there any official rule for Section cohesion? It came up at my Demo Monday. My friends and I have always just never thought about it, I guess since we play all of our sections somewhat tight, that there may be a rule we couldn't find about keeping in proximity with our other units.

So...anybody?

Nope, no cohension rule. Feel free to spread your troopers out as far as you like.

While there are no rules forcing cohesion, I try not to spread out a section too far so that the models are able to support each other if necessary.

While there are no rules forcing cohesion, I try not to spread out a section too far so that the models are able to support each other if necessary.

That's my play too. No point to a combined unit if they aren't in position to support one another. Thanks guys!

The theory was with modern communications and real time data starting to emerge for modern soldiers the tactical spacing for units is going to be at a point in the CAV world where it would be difficult to depict on a normal game table. Maybe some rules for REALLY big games spanning floors of space might address it but for most tables even the huge ones StubbDog is expert at building you wont' need to worry about it.