Reaper Centaur

joe b

Hi all. This is my first post here, though I've been watching for a while. I did this mini (Warlord 14110) for a friend over the last few months.

Some background on me, I've been painting minis off and on for about four years now, but I used to build model planes, robots, etc for years in grade school. This is about my 12th finished mini (yes, I'm slow :) ).

Please let me know what you think.

post-2531-1208437609_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey joe b,

12th finished mini? :blink:

This is some really good work here. Fruggs is right. Your skin tones are smooth and well defined. I liked the metal work too and the freehand on the arm is cool. Good brush control. If you would like a harsh critique, I would ask to see more highlights and shading on the hair and on the green areas. Just do to those what you've done with the skin tones. Good work.

"12th finished mini?"

Like I said, over 4 years. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I don't call a mini finished until I'm happy with it. I also did model planes and such for like 10 years from grade school to high school so I've done similar stuff. That said, I finished this one in just under 3 months, about 30-40 hours total I think, and I'm trying to get minis painted in under 5 hours but I'm not that good yet.

And yes, please keep the "harsh" critiques coming. Thanks for the comments.

Hi, Joe. That's pretty good!

I have tp agree that the green and hair could be shaded better, but hair is tough to do.

On the other hand, the hooves, fur trim, metal plates, and yellow look really nice!

I paint like you - several hours per mini. I never understood how anyone could paint one in just a few hours.

Great work Joe!

Your patience really paid off - There's a lot of detail and different textures on this figure. I too take my time painting. Since coming back to painting I seem to average 1 mini a month. Which means the pile of minis to paint will never run out!

Here's hoping the other lurkers come out and share their work too!