Sign in to follow this  
Qwyksilver

Bloodstone Gnomes

First off, I love these guys. I think these guys alone are going to get me to come over to Warlord and drop the game I'm playing now.

With that said what is up with the Bloodstone Matron? I love the body but what is that face? I think this mini is a chick but that face looks like a smashed pile of mud.

Am I alone on this, or does anyone have any conversion ideas?

I guess I have partially learned to wait til I have them in hand before I make assumptions. The light and camera angles can play havoc with the preview pictures. It may still coming out looking like what you describe, but i cant say yet.

I can say that I trust Chaz to be a pretty good sculptor.

And I can say that the changes that they have made already compared to the original artwork, it looks a ton better. I love the artwork for 99% of the gnomes but the matron artwork looked like an aztec version of princess lea with the buns. So, I am happy.

Besides these are suppose to be hideous looking underground dwelling demented gnomes. Not short beautiful people. If you play up that angle, then the matron looks pretty good. I also like the fact that she has that big head dress back sheet thing which is just asking for some freehand artwork.

All very good points. I'll just have to get one in my hands and then decide.

So what would I need to do to put together a 500 point army for next game?

Thanks again for the great demo tonight! See ya in 2 weeks.

It all depends on what you need the 500 point build for. Personally I'd always include the beetle rider hero. He's just too cool of a model not to feild. I also really like the Tunnel Knights. Stout little warriors that look awsome.

Of course the visual aspect of the army is a big factor to me. ::P:

Yea I'm painting a beetle rider right now! I love the model.

The only Gnomes I don't like so far are the Pinners and Pulgers and with such little time to paint I don't want to spend it on guys I don't like.

Any recommendations for DL replacements?

It all depends on what you need the 500 point build for. Personally I'd always include the beetle rider hero. He's just too cool of a model not to feild. I also really like the Tunnel Knights. Stout little warriors that look awsome.

Of course the visual aspect of the army is a big factor to me. ::P:

How can you not like a little demented guy carrying a huge spiked shield? Just kidding. Everyone has their own tastes.

As for answering how to put together a 500 point force, well I guess that is one area that I did not cover during the demo. So, I sent you a PM with the general overall build rules.

Hello everybody,

my first impression about BloodGnome army, after one game. They are great in close combat but suffer from shots. Their shooters are not very good and are easely outgunned by Elves or Revens.

When swords get crossing, they are happy. The monsters are impressive and could win the game, if properly employed.

One trick used by a fellow player against my Reven army: in the first turn, teleport the Greater Golem in the back of your opponent's archers, then charge them. Your other soldiers charge to finish the ennemy. The trick is casting the teleport spell successfully,...

A couple things.

Don't forget to use the current faction special ability that allws you to start the game burrowed and get the gnomes at least a part of the way across the field of battle underground. For the most part the greater golem is fast enough that it could probably get all the way across underground without the teleport.

But, yes, teleports can be fun and unnexpected from enemies. Just remember that if it is not a model from the same troop, it cannot act onthe same activtion that you teleport it.

All factions have their stregths and weakness, the gnomes main weakness is against AOE spells as they are only two tracks. But they are tough little buggers in close combat.

For me it's all about the grub. 6 dice, poison and tough 4 all for 115? + move 7 and 2 turns undergound to get going, that dude rocks!

Hello everybody,

my first impression about BloodGnome army, after one game. They are great in close combat but suffer from shots. Their shooters are not very good and are easely outgunned by Elves or Revens.

When swords get crossing, they are happy. The monsters are impressive and could win the game, if properly employed.

One trick used by a fellow player against my Reven army: in the first turn, teleport the Greater Golem in the back of your opponent's archers, then charge them. Your other soldiers charge to finish the ennemy. The trick is casting the teleport spell successfully,...

Whether one plays Warlord or not, the BSG are a very unique army, with great fluff and great models. I've always given Reaper what I hope to be constructive criticism on their background being too much like D&D for my tastes, and they've delivered a faction truly their own. Love these lil' devils.

I personally think that this is the most unique faction in the warlord "universe". The dark spawn can be compared to Drow. I can't think of many games without elves, dwarves, and orcs. G.W. and Privateer even have undead pirates, but I have yet to see another game with deranged Aztec gnomes. ::P:

I like the concept, but don't really care for the sculpts. They just seem too busy.

I played one game with them and proxied all hobbits and nice gnomes from DHL.

I love the sculpts. Plus there's something great about evil gnomes.

I can't wait for the beetle riders!!!!

I love the sculpts. Plus there's something great about evil gnomes.

I can't wait for the beetle riders!!!!

I like Ben Seins undead pygmies, I may buy these guys to proxy.

Pygmy_Zombies_Character_sm.jpg

pygmystandard.jpg

pygmydrummer.jpg