Sign in to follow this  
Qwyksilver

Bloodstone Gnomes

I personally love the sculpts! They single handedly brought me to the game. The only ones I’m not a fan of the new Golems. They look like poo-golems to me.

ok, possibly dumb question.

I am new, and never played before. I am starting to play around with playing the BSGs.

My first step was to get the new rules book. I was surprised to not see them in it. Is there a reason?

Also, there aren't any figs designated as mage and the lancers. Are they on the way or did I miss something?

The BSG's are a fairly new faction. In order to get Warlord 2 out in a timely manner, Gus and his crew concentrated on the original 10 factions that were in the core rule book. I'm not involved in the core playtesting group, but I do know for certain that they are working on the BSG list. A supplement book with several more army lists, including the BSG's and Lupines will be out soon. There is no set date, but knowing Gus and his crew, I'm hoping for it by the first of the year. The Beetle Rider Lancers are due to be released very soon. I'm not sure about the rest of the figs to complete the old list.

That's not a dumb question.

The Bloodstone Gnomes are a boldly original take on Gnomes, and a credit to Reaper's Warlord range, both in concept and execution. Now would be a good time to collect your army and get it painted for when the supplement comes out.

I've given Reaper some knocks for creating what I considered "just a D&D knockoff" with their setting, but they've repeatedly come up with new hooks on existing ideas to convert even the most jaded gamer like me.

Even if the Savage North book isn't out by the first of the new year, the BSG datacards will certainly be on ReaperGames for you to use by then. ::):

Maltique - If you are looking for the most FRACKING awesome faction in all of Taltos you have found it! I've been playing these guys for over a year now and let me tell you, they have always been a blast to play and paint! So glad to see a new BSG fan! ^_^

I picked up some BSG's at ReaperCon. At the time, my thought was that they would make a good demo army. Once I started painting them, I really started to appreciate those corrupted smurfs.....er.....Gnomes. After painting 17 Scraggers, I'm dying to get enough time to sculpt fully little white hats for each of them.

[MOD] Going to move this and merge it to the BSG thread in Factions and Tactics. [/MOD]

Done.

Edited by Qwyksilver

Sorry, not really my place to do that. Still I wouldn't hesitate picking them up and just proxy them till the next book comes out! ^_^

oooh KBass can you send my the data cards you have? maybe what has and hasn't worked for troop arrangements?