Wotc sucks

Lord_Ironheart

The bid is going to go on for FIVE DAYS....so as far as I know, a lot of desperate people like me will be bidding for it, and I don't need anymore competition! I am NOT going to lose this one like I did with the erinyes! Of course, if the bid goes ABOVE $40.00, I guess I'll have to wait for REAPER's version... (sigh) :(

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always better to wait one or two days before an auction ends before bidding. There do get some nasty bidding wars going on where the prices will skyrocket up more than you really want to pay. Normally I try to be nice and will bid if it's 3 days away before end, but if I know there might be some fierce competition I'll wait. I've been hit before by people snagging something I really one just minutes before it ended.

I did catch one person one time though, and was able to outbid him mere seconds before the auction ended. It was a sweet win for me  :D

For the record: I am not one for homogenous stores. I go to a store not just for the products they offer, but the staff behind the counter, and the vibe the place has.

That being said: No, I don't like WotC.

But with /that/ being said: I do want to say one thing in their defence: They brought a lot of great, great artists to the Game Industry, and the artwork has really improved. From what I hear, some of these artists have started gaming, specifically due to WotC.

--your mileage may vary

--lstormhammer

Ary, do you use the same name for e-bay? I use tammi2. This way I won't bid against you. I won't bid against freinds either.

Some of the prices do get high, but if you are patient, you will find what you want for a good price. My big thing is finding the rest of the Vampire the masquerade minis I want. Plus there was this female paldin on a unicron in armor that I want.

Most of my Parthas are from the 70's and 80's. GOt a few box sets stiing around waiting to be "done".

Just bought three "new" box sets, I don't think they are Partha though. They are miniatures based on the characters from Brahm Stoker's Dracula movie that was out a few years back. Just got hte "brides of Dracula, Lost in London and vampire hunters. All three are pretty neat. There was one more but I cound't afford all four sets!

Lady Tam

Morgraman: Check this link Ebay RP Marilith The Seller listed it as a "Maralith". I do a daily search for newly listed Ral Partha minis (so if you see my name on something, don't bid please !!) and I found that one yesterday. It hasn't been bid on as of this posting, and there's a Buy It Now option so if you want to pay that much so you won't be outbid, go for it. What's even better is the seller is also in Canada !!

Wow, that one looks like it might have been from the Cruicible line...I have an "official AD&D" one at home I can post...

HEY!!  Is that THE Hypnotoad, or just a distant relative?

Aryanun: I had that mini at one time.  I'll check my "Bucket" and see if it's still there.  (My original collection got split between myself and my Cuzin when I moved south, so it might be in his bucket now).  If I can find it, I'll let ya know and send it to you ASAP.

SOmebody has finally bid on the Maralith.. :(

I really want that mini....but my brother said if Reaper is coming out with one, wait. Why spend 25.00+ dollars for instant gratification when that money can get me another marilith and several other minis......

Oh well, I am taking his advice.....

And I better not be screwed over! :angry:

Strange.....I thought somebody bid on it....perhaps a retraction? ???

Anyway, my brother did one of those searches for me, apparently, the guy tried to sell the marilith figure for 24.99 before, but no takers. Perhaps too expensive....because a boxed set usually go up to that range....

Well, I may be desperate, but not THAT desperate.

I think its real cool u guys are all comrades like this. the world needs more people like you guys. its a stretch but if any of you find an elven barbarian, give a shout out to my e-mail plz. or if any one of you converts one. I stay on the bunny hill as far as kit-bashing goes. I use #2233 now but as u can see its no elf.

oh ya... I think WotC blows as well. I bought a grey elven duelist from their chainmail line because it has a 2bladed sword that I was going to put on a different model for my friend, but when I got home from driving for an hour and a half to the WotC store at the Mall of America, the @% sword wasn't even in the box. To top it off when I went back the next week, they wouldn't give me a refund or let me get a new blister pack.... those #&$!ers