Opening new markets?

eastman

I was reading the latest issue of AFM (Amazing Figure Modeller for those not in the know) while working night shift this week.

I didn't expect ads for Reaper Master Series paints and figures. Looking to spark a crossover from garage kit painters into a smaller (scale) world? Most of the reviews on the figures (in the new kits section) were quite positive (Rick Cantu was more favorable to white metal castings than David Prosser was).

If you really want to promote the crossover, you might try also posting some of the really incredible 54mm and smaller paintjobs on the forums where garage kit people congregate (like the Clubhouse, once they get the site back up on the new servers). Some mini painters have already posted over there (Patrick Keith introduced me to the Clubhouse, Dirk Stiller has posted there, etc), but there is always room for more.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely something I'm thinking about branching into. I've still got plenty of years left in my eyes for our 28mm stuff, but one must always be prepared to transition before the actual *need* to transition occurs, right? :poke:

Good Eye, George!

As it happens, When Dungeon and Dragon Magazine stopped being printed and became e-zines, we began searching for new places to advertise our figures and paint. AFM was one that many people here in the office read, and it seemed to be an untapped resource - maybe not 100% our target market, but closer than many (Vogue, National Enquirer, Guns&Ammo, etc.). We are just beginnning our relationship with AFM, let us hope that our precense intorduces a whole new market to the Joy of Reaper!

What's wrong with Guns & Ammo? I can certainly see a market for custom painted grips, etc. :poke:

How about pewter grip panels for Colt 1911s?

Amazing Figure Modeler is a great magazine. So is Prehistoric Times...

Not familiar with the Prehistoric Times magazine. Does it focus on movie-type dinosaurs, real dinosaur science or a mix of the 2?

Other good magazines include Kitbuilders, Historical Miniature and Figure International (I need to get subscriptions to HM and FI since they are so hard to find out here).