How to blend by olliekickflip

I have used this technique with all types of paint.  The key is thinning the paint down so that its transparent like in his pictures.  It doesn't matter how thick the paint starts out.  Its how thin you make it so keep adding water until its very transparent like in the pictures.  It takes some fiddling but it comes quicker than you think.

If you are asking for color substitution,  I would use RAM Black for Coal black, but my shader of choice is Nightshade purple.

I hope that helps.

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used this technique with all types of paint.  The key is thinning the paint down so that its transparent like in his pictures.  It doesn't matter how thick the paint starts out.  Its how thin you make it so keep adding water until its very transparent like in the pictures.  It takes some fiddling but it comes quicker than you think.

If you are asking for color substitution,  I would use RAM Black for Coal black, but my shader of choice is Nightshade purple.

I hope that helps.

Thanks Max, just that wante to get a good consistency for the technique, as its a little difficult, and only have access to Reaper and some Citadel paints. Any advice for making transitions and having the right consistency are really appreciated