Sign in to follow this  
robyrollover

?on the band sa

Quick quiestion lets say you have a leader with troops that have band. Now you lose your leader of that troop, can you make one of the band models become a leader and lead the rest of the models

Nope!

Even in the case of a unit using Band, the unit must still declare one of the models as its leader, and if that model dies the unit is leaderless (another model in the unit can't simply step up and take its place). Band is a SA that is really only useful for the purposes of army construction and avoiding having to purchase a leader model, once the game starts the unit using Band is treated just like any other.

so you mean if i have guros with 3 Arachnid Warriors and guros is killed, one of the arachnid warriors can't step up and take the leadership role. if that is so i think they should clear up the wording on that. this is why it says this under the sa

"The Sergeant model cannot take equipment restricted

to Leader models, but counts as a Sergeant for all other purposes (e.g. Chain of Command Army

Composition, taking Solos, etc)."

so you mean if i have guros with 3 Arachnid Warriors and guros is killed, one of the arachnid warriors can't step up and take the leadership role. if that is so i think they should clear up the wording on that. this is why it says this under the sa

to Leader models, but counts as a Sergeant for all other purposes (e.g. Chain of Command Army

I don't read anything in it that would lead me to believe if the leader is killed a grunt can step into its place. It just says a Band Sergeant can't take equipment, but acts like a sergeant in all other ways. Granted nothing in parentheses is really needed. We already know he's a sergeant and taking solos has nothing to do with rank. Anyone that used band would take for granted the model was a sergeant and the troop was legal. So they'd already know they could take a solo.

yeah your right i was just looking at the part about it saying "but counts as a Sergeant for all other purposes " i just want to know if your leader dies can a band model become a sergeant and take lead of the troop

yeah your right i was just looking at the part about it saying "but counts as a Sergeant for all other purposes " i just want to know if your leader dies can a band model become a sergeant and take lead of the troop

Wow, good catch! I never noticed it before today, but now that I re-read it a few times, I can easily see where the confusion comes in.

The answers given above are correct, a model cannot get promoted during the game. Band is only used before the game during the army building process.

However, I can easily see where a person could think that could happen, based on the wording. I'll see if I can sneak in an extra sentence to clarify before the layed out version of Rage Chronicles is done. :wacko:

I guess there is confusion, seeing as how you are asking about it.

I would just re-word the first sentence to make it clearer that only one of the models in the troop becomes the Sergeant. Something like:

Models with the Band SA and using the same Datacard may form a troop of a minimum of 4 models with one of their number becoming a Sergeant and gaining a Troop Capacity '4-6/0', this nominated model remains the Troops leader for the entirety of the game; if the nominated model dies the troop becomes leaderless. The Leader model should be marked in some way to distinguish it from the other models in its Troop. The Sergeant model cannot take equipment restricted to Leader models, but count as the troops Sergeant for all other purposes (etc).