You will like Ironman

Ranzadule

Your kid may prefer Transformers due to FHM's "Hottest Gal in the US" then? Good taste for a 10 year old!

As for the stories being "old" comic stories, they are actually not that old. They are more true to the Ultimates which are only a couple years old, but do incorporate, retell, refit origins from older stories. If you have not read the Ultimates, read it. It's available in Trade Paperback at book stores. :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They did throw in a hint for a possible sequel in regards to another Iron Man staple character.

I loved the movie. RDJ hit the role spot-on, the backstory was relevant and interesting, and I loved how they nodded towards Ultimates rather than the original series. There was a reason that Ultimates was launched and became so successful, and I'm glad that they used those elements in the story.

Iron Man in Civil War was not at his best, IMO.

But yes, scene after credits = awesomeness.

I really hope that for the Avengers movie they are going to keep all the original actors for their respective roles rather than go the DC version of recasting everyone as a teenage version of the superhero for the Justice League movie being shot in Sydney.

Marvel self-produced this one so they had a lot more say in what went into the movie. Not to mention a MUCH larger cut of what came out of it.

I'm not a comic book fan but it looks like Marvel is onto a winning formula here. And they know it.

Saw it on Saturday. It was excellent. A very satisfying flick. Like a fanboy, I gave the devil horns when I saw the scene after the credits. We usually stay to the end anyway, but it was nice of the girl taking the tickets to give everybody a heads-up to stay for sure.

I don't think Iron Man is as good as Spider-Man II, which, cry and complain all you want, simply IS the greatest superhero movie ever. But I would rank it in the top five, easily. Maybe the top three. I'm still calculating and will have to see it again.

That said, the acting was stellar and it may be the best lead performance in a superhero flick, ever. At least in the top two.

I think what I liked most about Iron Man was that they stayed so true to the comic. I've always been a huge I-M fan and so many times I've seen a comic-based movie and come away so disapointed by the "adaptation" to the big screen. RDJ did a fantastic portrayal of Stark. If anyone can play someone with a substance abuse problem, it's RDJ. I was mildly disapointed that Jarvis wasn't a real butler but he always was suspiciously close to Alfred anyway. Another disapointment was the lack of someone playing Bethany Cabe, my favorite of all Starks girlfriends.

All in all though I have to say it's my favorite super-hero flick.

• Super Administrators

As a friend of mine put it, he was a really non-super hero. His bad guys were real, not supernatural or superpowered, just armed to the teeth. Very tense, very enjoyable.

I would have preferred, say, Alicia Witt in the role of Ms. Paltrow, but you can't have everything.

I liked Iron Man as well.

Interestingly, the director, who was also one of the producers and played the bodyguard/driver (and looks the part), cites D&D as one of his early influences in this interview:

"It was Dungeons & Dragons, but I wouldn't have owned up so quickly a few years ago," Favreau said sheepishly.

Ron

I was hesitant to believe that MD Jr could pull this off, I new he could portray a drunk/addict/partyhound (less than zero/real life) but wasnt sure he could pull off the super hero

He pulled it off, Great movie

Another piece of useless information is that Jon Favreau also played a LineBacker in The Replacements (Howard Deutch) with Keanu Reeves & Gene Hackman

And Ms Paltrow was just fine...;)

I did like Iron Man, surprisingly, because I absolutely hate the s.o.b. in comics right now. I'm glad I was convinced to go and see the movie, but I still think that Batman Begins is the best comic book movie ever made, that or Sin City.

What I liked best was how real the special effects look. If you don't think about it too much, you can actually believe that a man in a metal suit is flying around. I also think Jon Favreau is a good director, and that was one of the deciding factors for me. If you haven't, check out his movie called Made.

Oh, and the new Incredible Hulk movie looks freakin' awesome! He's gonna fight The Abomination! How cool is that?

Saw it yesterday with my kids... Very well done movie - action parts aside - the acting and stories are really good as well - I would say it is very deserving of all of the praise it has gotten.

And according to the internets - Tony Stark will be making a cameo in the new hulk movie - and if you watch closely - in the scene where Tony is getting out of his armour ("Face it - this isn't the worst thing you've caught me doing...") - in the background you can see a half built round object with a red ring and a white star... Rumour has it this is Captain America's shield being built. Woot Woot.

I am going to explode in a big fanboy pop when and if this all comes together.