Sign in to follow this  
Forlorn Hope

The Archer - a CAV that eats its Wheaties?

OK, so there must be a story behind the Archer. I just got my first one for my (son's) Terran army, and was a little surprised when he was all assembled and I rechecked his stats. Not that I mind the little feller -- I think he is cute -- but it doesn't seem like he should be carrying around the stat lines he is. Maybe this should be fixed in RC08 - so that the minis represent something close to what the rules allow the thing to do? Am I missing something? I got the thing on close out, was there a reissue of this?

OK, so there must be a story behind the Archer. I just got my first one for my (son's) Terran army, and was a little surprised when he was all assembled and I rechecked his stats. Not that I mind the little feller -- I think he is cute -- but it doesn't seem like he should be carrying around the stat lines he is. Maybe this should be fixed in RC08 - so that the minis represent something close to what the rules allow the thing to do? Am I missing something? I got the thing on close out, was there a reissue of this?

The orginial Archer was out of scale with the rest of the line and later redone. You may have just gotten one of the few remaining Lil' archers left in the wild.

Thanks Sarge, I'll contact them and see what they have to say. I should have known something was up before I bought it, but I just assumed that I was remembering wrong and that it was some kind of super-light Recon CAV!

Heh heh, I started out with the mini-me Archers as well... Love 'em... may very well field some & pretend that they are just made out of super duper tech :ph34r:

No love from Reaper - they wrote me back today and said that they were no longer doing the trade. So - ixminis - all yours for the right price :poke:

Its not the end of the world, just means a little longer before my boy has a full force. He is only 7, so we have some rules to learn anyway. Besides, I have started to think that maybe mini Archer would make a good pulp robot for my Chinese pulp game.

I found out my Archer was a little person, and went through the steps to finding out how to exchange him, but in the end decided to keep him. I'll get him a big brother eventually, but for now I actually like it.

well just know that it doesn't matter what size the mini is its still 100% fully legal for play.

But I thought women just said things like this to make me feel better about myself :huh: